Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dual electric fans

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
just won a auction for a set of 95 vette electric fans will tell you all how hard it is to install them on my 82 and how well they cool the car, since my car seems to run alot better at around 220 degrees I'm going to run them thermostatically, does anyone know what the operating range the coolant sensor is on a 95 and are they a single wire unit

Have you ever checked your engine temp.with a known guage or a scan tool? I'll bet your running a lot cooler than you think,remember factory guages are just an estimate and not a exaactly ccalibrated unit like some aftermarket ones.95's are controled by the PCM,engine gets warm, one fan kicks in,engine gets warmer, the other fan starts,so you'll have to tie in two sensors plus relays to make it work right.What happened to the original elec. fan that came on the car?
P.S. Pardon the typing,the dog keeps trying to get in his two cents tooo.

barrier

yes the car has been tested with a mechanical gauge, as for the original fans off the car they are being replaced because I put a camaro serpentine belt drive on it, for the relay my trans am has dual fans with two relays and a harness that is not connected to the ecm in anyway so Im goin to try and run the vettes fans with a similiar trans am harness, my trans am's fans kick on around 220 and shut off somewhere around 210 so my guess is this will permanately keep the car in closed loop since it always had problems of running to cool and that affected it emmisions testing, plus with mechanical fan in place the serp belt is somewhat hard to change and I didnt really care for all the noise the mechanical fan made at higher rpm's

Well on my 82 theres a 2 wire sensor on the right rear head between no.6 and 8 cyl.Tha manual says it comes on at 238 and off at 201 degrees,not sure where the relay is.Hope that helps you a bit.

barrier

I looked on my vette to and it has this sensor as well however most newer fans relays are controlled by a single wire sensor but Im hoping the threads on a newer style sensor will be the same I am also looking into getting a custom aluminum radiator for it to since my wife really doesn't like to be on the side of the road overheating Im hoping with this type of setup it can be driven in california's heat with the A/C on blizzard

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom