Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dual removeable roof panels

bill5674

Corvette
Just wondering,I see the option for dual roof panels,Never seen it on a c4 . Is it like a c3 ? with two glass panels? had that on a camaro,was easier for wife to remove than that big one piece of glass

When they say dual roof panels on a C5 they mean a "smoke" lexan top and a "painted" top. It is an option on the C5 coupe and on the new C6 coupe to have one or both of the tops. I have both tops with my C5 - I use the lexan top during the cooler months and the painted top during the hotter months (keeps the hot sun from baking the interior).

The tops you refer to are the split tops on a "T-Top" like on the Camaro/Firebirds.

napacruzerC5 said:
When they say dual roof panels on a C5 they mean a "smoke" lexan top and a "painted" top.
It's the same on my 95, one smoke lexan, one painted.

Ron

The clear lexan top was an extra cost option and available in either a "smoke" tint (which was referred to as "bronze") or a blue tint. I believe the solid or painted top was standard and you could order the lexan top as an extra cost replacement for the standard top. Some model years had a separate option that would get you both tops.

My book says that you could order either top or the set of both... I've got both with mine, but the former owner bought the glass top himself and the car just came with the painted one originally. $1200 for the top !!!
[RICHR]

thanks folks ,that makes sense .don`t remember being offered that option when i was at dealer. could use that solid top ,that glass realy cooks the interior.

My '86 came with that option. I have the C2L option "Dual Removable Roof Panels (coupe)", 6,242 cars had it that year and the cost was $895. It meens I have both the bronze tint and the painted tops.

ProEMTPFF said:
My '86 came with that option. I have the C2L option "Dual Removable Roof Panels (coupe)", 6,242 cars had it that year and the cost was $895. It meens I have both the bronze tint and the painted tops.
...or in the case of my 89's, I have both body colored painted tops and the blue tinted panels w/ that option :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom