Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Dustless" Brake Pads

billscac

Corvette
2016 Shark Grey Z06 Convertible
After 500 miles on my '16 Z06 I'm convinced that I need to find low dust pads for the front brakes. The dust build, up especially on the fronts, is very heavy after only 50 or so miles of relatively sane street miles. I looked around, particularly at Hawk, and didn't see anything listed for 15-16 Z06. Any one know of someone making street pads for Z06's.
Thanks in advance
Bill

After 500 miles on my '16 Z06 I'm convinced that I need to find low dust pads for the front brakes. The dust build, up especially on the fronts, is very heavy after only 50 or so miles of relatively sane street miles. I looked around, particularly at Hawk, and didn't see anything listed for 15-16 Z06. Any one know of someone making street pads for Z06's.
Thanks in advance
Bill

There are no dustless brakes pads, but ceramic based pads offer the least visible pad dust that I have seen. Try Centric or Stop Tech and see what they offer. Remember that you have a track car, and the brakes and tires are matched for that purpose by GM. :)

Update on Carbotec pads.

Went with the Carbotech 1521 compound front and rear from AMPD Autosport a forum vendor. HUGE difference in dusting. After 100 miles of mostly highway driving there was almost no dust on the wheels. No noise or squeak and the stopping power is indistinguishable from the stock Ferrodo pads (at least for spirited street driving). Highly recommend if you have concerns about dust especially with chrome wheels.

Thanks in advance
Bill

I realize this reply is a tad late, but I just went through this on my ZO6. Hawk's correct pad numbers for a 2015 ZO6 without the ZO7 option are:

Front: HB649F.605 HPS
Rear: HB727F.592 HPS

I had some issues with a few sites that gave out pad numbers that were not correct. Had to go through a return process because of that, so I called Hawk to solve the numbering problem. The above numbers are correct and, to no one's surprise, I made my purchase directly from Hawk.

Hawk calls them "low dust" - I would call them very low dust. Immediately after install, I performed Hawk's burnishing process and have about 2 - 3 weeks/250 miles on them. I'm really happy to say that my wheels are still shiny black and my Corvette actually performs a smidge bit better. I used ceramic on my 427 and while they were nearly no-dusting, they did not perform quite as well as the stock pads on the 427 (2013 C6 Convertible). Of course, the ZO6 stops better than the 427 did, OEM on both, however, the current configuration with the Hawk pads renders a smidge bit better stopping distance than the ZO6 OEM pads did. On top of that, the Hawk pads are trackable, just like to OEM pads are.

I hope this info is helpful!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom