Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dynapack dyno recording session

TAC

Corvette
1987 Yellow Callaway TT Convertible & 2003 MY Z06
I had my '87 dyno'd today on the Dynapack dyno. Temp was around 50-55 degrees and it was raining. This is the dyno that bolts right onto the hubs and then induces a load with hydraulics. After blowing off my driver's side intercooler twice I got some pretty good runs. I used 10 gallons of unleaded race gas mixed with a little over 1/4 tank of 92. #s (all SAE corrected) are:

Rear Wheel 326.3 hp @ 3,582 and 514.57 lb ft @ 2984 rpm

Flywheel 378.5 hp and 596.9 lb ft @ same rpms as above.

The only mods to the car are new y-pipe w/out pre-cats and a Random Tech high flow cat.

One thing I am plagued with is an imperfect AF ratio. At the beginning of each pull the ratio starts at 14-14.5 and by 3k rpm it's down to 12-12.5.

The guy running the dyno had a few comments.
-The engine runs well and cools well. I never got above 200 degrees water or 170 degrees oil. The water temp would typically get to 190 and then drop back to 180 within 2-3 minutes.
-He could hear no detonation at all.
-Since the car has been dyno tuned for AF by a well known tuner in our area his suggestion is to get bigger injectors or a new controller if I plan on running the car hard (I'm not).
-race gas shouldn't have affected my results--it just made the engine run cooler during the runs. If I had it tuned for more advance I could pull more power.

I am pretty happy with the results. Comments?

TAC said:
Rear Wheel 326.3 hp @ 3,582 and 514.57 lb ft @ 2984 rpm

Flywheel 378.5 hp and 596.9 lb ft @ same rpms as above.

I am pretty happy with the results. Comments?

OUTSTANDING numbers :m :eek :v

TAC the 12.5 air/fuel is good. FWIW I run mine at 11.5:1 for a safety net. A forced induction car is alot different than an NA one. Looks like your tune is right one to me. Nice numbers. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom