Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno Dynamics Dynameter questions

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
Over the weekend I had my car run on a Dyno Dynamics Dynameter. It was a wonderful 62 F and low humidity. The only Mods are a open air box with a KnN filter and flowmaster mufflers. The car has 45000 miles on it and I am the second owner. Based on other threads I was expecting 250-260 RWHP.

They did 2 pulls, the second pull after cooling the intake with a fan, developed 315.7 RWHP at 5170 RPM and 354lbs of torque at 4147 rpm. As much as I love those numbers, and I do, do they sound resonable? ;shrug

To my knowledge nothing else was done to the car before I bought it although my normal operating temp is around 192. Don't know if that means anything but it seems low compared to some other threads.

Any ideas as to what is going on? I am just lucky or do the numbers sound as over inflated as I think? Also is the Dyno Dynamics Dynameter a reliable system?

Any opinons or help thanks

:pat Finzs Up

Based on what I have seen, these numbers are high for an LT1 with just exhaust and K&N. I would have expected something closer to 260-270 like you. These numbers are better than most LT4's with the same exhaust/K&N mods. Something sounds amiss.

Check out the GS Registry Dyno page for comparison numbers. You might want to ask there also as there seems to be a lot of people there that run the dyno.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom