Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno numbers for my stock '03 Z06

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
Best pull of 4 for a stock Z06 with 21K miles was 347.6HP/333.8 Torque. Owner of shop has a '02 Z06 and he saw the same for his. I read an article last year that posted the same numbers for their stock Z.

Anyone that professes higher numbers for a stock Z, I really would need to see it for myself before I would believe.

I did get better numbers after installation of the Callaway Honker intake system; 358.6HP/347.1 torque.

Let the good times roll!!!!!

Those numbers look pretty good. I never got a baseline, but after I did my cam swap I had it dyno tuned. I had another tune that was good, but the dyno tune is really the best way to go. 410.5rwhp / 386lb./ft. I had a somewhat restrictive exhaust, so I purchased a set of Kooks long tubes and their off road package. I'm starting the installation tomorrow and hope to pull at least 420rwhp on the next tune.

Todd,
That is going to one....mean...Z after all that is done to it:lou. Heck it was mean the way it was. All i have to say is the Stuttgart sauerkraut better start looking for hiding places:D our draft up some good excuses:L .

OBTW, she is here in her new home. I though my stang friend was going to pee his pants when he saw it. Let me know when you are ready for a cruse. Heck i may pop over and check out your work in progress. This weekend I've got to do some cleaning on it. It got kinda dirty on the trip up. Its' a mazing how dirty they can get just hauling them. I also got to get the oil change in her. Haven't done that this year yet.

Check you out later.

H.D.

Hi wx briefer -

Well, I guess you won't believe it, but....

My 100% bone stock 2002 z06 with 3000 miles (at the time) pulled 356 rwhp on a DynoJet - repeated three times.

My latest dyno pulls with just an air intake system and computer tuning was 372rwhp/374rwtq. This was SAE corrected numbers on a Mustang (eddy current) dyno.

Not sure why you would not believe that another Z could put up higher numbers. It does happen.

Yours is right in the ballpark for a stock Z06.

best regards -

mqqn

Heavy Duty said:
Todd,
That is going to one....mean...Z after all that is done to it:lou. Heck it was mean the way it was. All i have to say is the Stuttgart sauerkraut better start looking for hiding places:D our draft up some good excuses:L .

OBTW, she is here in her new home. I though my stang friend was going to pee his pants when he saw it. Let me know when you are ready for a cruse. Heck i may pop over and check out your work in progress. This weekend I've got to do some cleaning on it. It got kinda dirty on the trip up. Its' a mazing how dirty they can get just hauling them. I also got to get the oil change in her. Haven't done that this year yet.

Check you out later.

H.D.

Yes, let me know when you are ready to cruise and we can meet somewhere.

mqqn said:
Not sure why you would not believe that another Z could put up higher numbers. It does happen.

mqqn

My skepticism of higher numbers lies in the first sentence of my first post. If an operator does not input the correct altitude for the location of the dyno, the 'sae corrected' numbers don't mean squat.

Bring it down to Nashville and put it on this dyno and I'll believe it.

wx briefer said:
My skepticism of higher numbers lies in the first sentence of my first post. If an operator does not input the correct altitude for the location of the dyno, the 'sae corrected' numbers don't mean squat.

Bring it down to Nashville and put it on this dyno and I'll believe it.

Your numbers are in the middle of what I have seen for stock Z06's - and I agree that dyno's can vary - but SAE correction should be the equalizer.

I will not be bringing the car to Nashville to dyno it - bu if you wanna meet up in Bowling Green this weekend, I'll be happy to show you some HP at beech bend...

Be aware that DynoJet (enertial) Dyno's have proven to show higher numbers than the Mustang eddy-current type dynos.

To be honest - the stock variation is not the factor, it is the driver that makes all the difference.

I surely hope that I did not offend you with my post - not the intent at all-

best regards -

mqqn

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
Heavy Duty check this out. Here is my sig.

Nice Sig. What would be nice to go along with it is to post a sig pic of the engine.

IF they ever get finished paving the Mass Pike we will hook up. They are paving the Pike, both East bound and West bound, from the I-95 cut off to Framingham. I drove the Z to work last Friday and the trip home was a little rough. My cruzing bud who owns a very nice Mustang wants to check out your ride. Friday evening we went for a nice cruze around Worchester. That little stang of his is quick. But from about 100 MPH on I can do a good job at spanking him. He has done a few little things to it such as a supercharger and heads. Nice car and he is a cool guy. Anyway, I think we may be able to get off at 495 and shoot down your way. If you'll PM me your phone and directions we will see about coming over one Sat. I am heading home for the 4th (Flying) to finish out my new building. I will be back in town on the 5th. So may be the following Sat we can get togather.

Do you have a floor jack or ramps? I have GOT to put this CAGs elim on.

Cool sig:_rock

H.D.

Pulled a 358hp last year with just a set of Stingers on the back. This year with a Hurricane intake and a Magnaflow X-pipe added to the mix, I pulled a 362hp. Both times with NO tuning--someday I gotta get it tuned...

Temperature, dyno variations, gasoline--they're all factors in the variations of the readings. My first time was early in the morning, while this year I ran at noon. That could account for a higher reading before and a lower one this year, so that I only saw a 4hp gain for all that money spent! At least it looks and sounds good!...:D

S-TEE said:
Pulled a 358hp last year with just a set of Stingers on the back. This year with a Hurricane intake and a Magnaflow X-pipe added to the mix, I pulled a 362hp. Both times with NO tuning--someday I gotta get it tuned...

Temperature, dyno variations, gasoline--they're all factors in the variations of the readings. My first time was early in the morning, while this year I ran at noon. That could account for a higher reading before and a lower one this year, so that I only saw a 4hp gain for all that money spent! At least it looks and sounds good!...:D
Tuning does do wonders. After my cam install had a baseline of SAE 382rwhp before it was tuned, and I left with SAE 399.5rwhp with tuning. I installed Kooks long tubes and 3" off road, and X pipe. I had it retuned and left with SAE 424.5rwhp. I gained almost 30hp at the flywheel with longtubes vs. shortie headers and 45hp over the stock manifolds.

Did a baseline dyno run on a mustang dyno..operator said it would read alittle lower than a typical dyno jet.(5-7hp).because of load settings..anyway base line stock 2003 z06 13,500mi 348hp-349.5tq----install Halltech stinger,and dyno tune.....378.7hp-376.5tq I know Im supposed to feel this increase. But it was fast already and broke lose in 1st and 2nd..and can't really feel difference..But maybe thats because i dont drive it enough.....

These were my numbers in my stock 02 ZO6 before I added any mods:

352.6 HP
344.2 TQ

I am going to have it dyno'd again now that I have my SC!

Cheers,

Michael

All dynos vary!! One could make 350 on a given day and go to another dyno on a given day and make 335== No big deal. They are all within a few ponies when stock!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom