Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dyno results on the super nat 475.....

I haven't seen an exhaust available from Callaway specifically for the ZR1 SN's at there online store.
Is it that they are doing work at requests only? They seem to advertise more for the TT's than the SN's
:eyerole

i think thats what we are going to do she wants to keep it callaway original except for headers. i have been trying to talk her into the aero body. she is worried that since i am going into my busy time that it wont get done . so we agreed to do it this next winter. she is just ****ed that sh is so big she cant drive . my wife is a drag racing addict. its also her car so the time frame is up to her . i am trying to get little oddds and end done so i can test it out at the strip. she wants to go but doc said no so i better be a good boy . dont want a mad red head . hehe

wife wants to look at aerobody in person before comitting. bottemline sge doesnt want the car laid up right after the babies are born. i think..bottem line she wants to drive her for a while and is afraid i wont be done with it if i start now . hehe

I know there are some Aero cars in the Bay Area and a CR1 in the Reno Area. The Bay area cars are close to being never seen - the one in Reno might be more of a possibility.

Other than that, I am not sure where there might be other Aeros, closeby :w

maybe i could get in touch with the person in reno . or you could give them my ph and they get in touch with me. i just love the look of the aero cars . do they use the 4 openings for air intake for the motor/?

maybe i could get in touch with the person in reno . or you could give them my ph and they get in touch with me. i just love the look of the aero cars . do they use the 4 openings for air intake for the motor/?

I emailed the owner with this thread - it's up to him now :w

Re: the four openings - the air cleaner lid sits behind it and I am sure some air goes in there :D

I just got done driving my SNAT, top down :lou

Aerobody ZR1

Bradsit5,

Give my cell a call (858-829-7126) and we can exchange email addresses. I have the first Aerobody ZR1 ever produced by Callaway and am the second owner. The first owner was a TV weather guy in Chicago. I bought the car back in 2002.

My car is a 92 model that has been modified for open road racing (like the Silver State) in the 180mph class. It has a 4 point roll bar, Simpson seat belts, about 525HP, coilovers, Fikse wheels, headers, custom dual 3 inch center exhaust, race radiator, custom clutch, short throw shifter, and many other mods. The car is a pretty rare aqua blue color with a tan leather interior.

The car is located in Carson City Nevada, just off of 395 and about 22 miles south of Reno. If you and your wife come up here I would be happy to show it to you and let you take a drive/ride in it. There is a Corvette collector near me (about 3 miles) that has about 15 special interest Corvettes, including some one of a kind race cars. I could probably hook you up with a little tour of his collection if you make it up here. If I still have the technology, I will post a picture or two of my CR1 in this thread.

Chris, thanks for the heads up email!

regards, Steve

Bradsit5,

Almost forgot, I also have a 91 Aerobody convertible here in Carson City. It is red/gray interior/black top. A former owner in Colorado added the aerobody to a standard motor Corvette sometime in the past. I have owned this car since 2001 or so. When I had some "issues" with the motor in 2005, I had a factory crate ZZ4 motor installed in this convertible. I will send you some pix of it when we exchange email addresses.

Steve

Steve: Great to hear from you was wondering awhile back if you still had the Callaway CR-1! :) The people with these cars seem to be hanging onto them. I started to make a list of known ones but then got busy and forgot about it. Take care Ike

how do you like the sound/power of it .very interesting wrinkles in the design . i wonder if the zr1 was the same ?. does yours exit in the center? how loud is it compared to a corsa or flowmaster . man i have lets see5 different exhaust systems no 7if you count the ones on the 2 cars .is that 23/4in or 3 in .i dlike to hear your thoughts on it . I am kinda trying to find the holy grail of exhaust . no power loss and quiet . stealthy , youngens dont think quiet cars are quick .guess i am going through my sneeky faze .

Based on your description you'd REALLY like the center exit exhaust. :upthumbs

.got ahold of joanne today , very nice lady answered my dumb ?s with a lot of kindness and care . my Email is jonszr1@myway.com. or if you are driving along 395 and coe up on lone pine stop in and say hi .I take care of mt whitney G.C. its i mile south of town on the west side of 395 . what a great site and bunch of guys . thankyou for the help and look forward to meeting you guys .:beer

just a quick note as the wife is in the hospital , things ok just a couple of tests the doc wants to do over . message fromjoanne is the super nat exhaust is disc except for the aero exhaust .

True...this exhaust, speedster tail, custom paint was no $4500....but add a $0 and it would be close.:eek:hnoes

Seriously, This exhaust was at Mike Zoner's guideance not to touch the OEM CATS as this car is rarely driven. So Callaway made this version...The 2 need metal bullet CATS are an easy change if you want to go racing.;)

The exhaust thing is very confusing...

this SHOULD not be the $4500 exhaust...
c8.jpg

I have this exhaust on the green car which is a Twin Turbo (B2K) and on a Supernatural. The Supernatural however has the dual pipe before and after the center resonator/collector as shown in the other picture of Luigi's car. Mike or Scott at Callaway are a great help in making decisions based one your use of your car. (Both versions are from Callaway in Old Lyme,CT)

thankyou so much for the pics.those look soooooo good.i think i am just going to have to put the aero body on the wifes car.

True...this exhaust, speedster tail, custom paint was no $4500....but add a $0 and it would be close.:eek:hnoes

Seriously, This exhaust was at Mike Zoner's guideance not to touch the OEM CATS as this car is rarely driven. So Callaway made this version...The 2 need metal bullet CATS are an easy change if you want to go racing.;)

Yes I was making the distinguisment that the cat back version should not cost 4500. THe work load & parts compared to Pete's exhaust is completely different. I think the 1850 price listed somewhere on here, while still pretty high, would be more in line IMHO.

i could live with the 1850 price . but for 4500 . i have exhaust that could duplicate it for a bunch less right down to the double d tips .. will have to call and see if that is the price before i decide

Just taking a moment to give you some grief...if you move to Texas we will cut you some slack ;) or if you find me a 100+ kit

Neither of those exhausts were $4500...more like $2850 or something

Yes I was making the distinguisment that the cat back version should not cost 4500. THe work load & parts compared to Pete's exhaust is completely different. I think the 1850 price listed somewhere on here, while still pretty high, would be more in line IMHO.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom