Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno Results

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
Hello fellow LT4 owners,

I just wanted to post my recent dyno results. Please, I am not trying to brag what so ever in any way. I know there are many Vettes with more HP than mine, but just wanted to share the reults.

I have very few mods:
1. 160 thermo
2. K&N air fliter set-up
3. NO MUFFLERS

I hope you can see the image I post.

Rear Wh hp = 306.4 hp
Engine hp = 360 hp

I know that on average most LT4's are +350 hp. So I am "satisfied" with the results. I am looking for more power, but aren't well all.

Comments, suggested mods are welcome.

Enjoy,
John

Better Image

This is a little better image of my dyno sheet...

;worship LT4's are the best!! glad to hear you have such good numbers... do you have no mufflers and no resonator, or just no mufflers? I think my vette is set up very similar, I still have my resonator, this is why I am curious.

Vettelt193,

I have no mufflers. Previous owner took the "inexpensive" way out. The shop told him he could put in $1200 muffler set or put in little pipes for a few $100.

I am not sure where (what) the resonator is (are)? Are they along the center of the exhaust right under the console area? I thought they where the catalytic converters. I do still have this installed if this is what you are asking about.

The car is extremely loud after 3000 rpms or so. But not much loud end growl or rumble noise.

I love my LT4,
John

The resonator is the large long muffler looking thing under the center console area... it has two pipes going in, and two going out... the cats are before the resonator... I can see why the previous owner took the cheap way out... Exhaust systems are expensive, and if you like the tone of straight pipe, then you may as well go with that

Drop the resonator! It sucks it chokes you of horse power and good quality sound!

John,

Are you going to do any more mods and head back to the dyno?

I don't have an LT4, hope to someday.:D

But I have incredible admiration and respect for LT4's.:w

I understand you need some sort of muffler after the resonator if you want to get rid of it... I have straight pipe from the resonator back... if I dropped the resonator, I think it may be too loud

I was thinking about hooker headers, and possible throttle body upgrade. Other than serious overhaul, I didn't plan on much more than that. Probably a hypertech chip.

I wasn't "planning" on removing the resonator. I think my car is loud enough... argh, can't believe I just said THAT... but it cancels out the radio and you can't talk to the passanger.

John

i removed the resonator and mufflers from my lt4. i have 2.5 pipe from the cats back, its like driving a mid year side pipe car till you drop it in 6th

jbolanowski said:
Probably a hypertech chip.
John

John, there are much more chip manufacturer's out there besides Hypertech. The feedback that I've been pretty much getting from this forum is that Hypertech chips really just turn your fans on earlier and that they're not worth the cost.

I'm going to go with the chip from Ed Wright. I've heard good things about him and learned from him on the CAC. The chip kicks in as early as 400 RPM, whereas a lot of chips don't touch anything besides WOT.

www.fastchip.com

Yo John, Bullwinkle and everyone. Get some Hi performance mufflers and drop the resonator I'm telling you guys that thing chokes your performance not to mention sound. Plus you want your system split to left and right then you get that sweet split V-8 sound! Later Scott It won't be too loud.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom