Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno

H

hotrodd

I made 3 pulls on the dyno tonight.I have 350 with AFR 195 head's,Lunati hyd. roller and rocker's(.495 lift on both valves is all I remeber offhand) air gap intake,750 Demon carb,MSD and Hughes 700R4,3.73 gear. Air was real bad,103.3 degrees,28.57 barometer 263 rwhp 276 lbs. torque. We messed with the timing,ran 40 degrees total advance and lost 30 horse.Ran 36 degrees and got the best pull.The air fuel was 12.7 to 1. 13 to 1 is optimol.It was a neat experience. Ran up to 6000 RPM,That is singin settin still in 3rd gear under a load!! It tells you alot of thing's even if it detonates the graph show's it.

It is a scary feeling sitting at WOT and 125 plus mph and not going anywhere!

Where you happy with the result? I guess that would be an auto transmission. Where did you start the full throttle shot (at what MPH?).

What did you do to keep it from kicking down to passing gear etc.?

What were your dyno results?

Just curious what your dyno results were.
Regards,
Fiddler

Re: What were your dyno results?

Fiddler's Gold said:
Just curious what your dyno results were.
Regards,
Fiddler

I received terrible results. Before I post the numbers, I want to get with a local dyno shop and re-run to verify/determine if I am really that far off my mark, or if the mobile dyno at the show was whacky.

So, stay tuned.

Those are the same question's I asked.I was not to impressed with the numbers' until I talked to a well respected transmission man,,he said that chassis adayno is relitaive measurment especialy if you have an auto. trans.I still don't understand what he is saying really but he told me with what I had that number's were in the ball park.My thought on this is that it gives you a good starting point to tune it to the max.As far as passing gear I ran the car up to 30 mph and dropped the hammer he had a control and started the dyno at some point and I had a reading from 2500 RPM to 5800 in 3rd gear I dont know how he did it and I didnt ask because I was to excited after the pull,it is wild,I made 3 pulls and this shop let's you do adjustment's in between pull's.I did it at S&S Dyno in Wichita Ks.Heck of a nice guy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom