Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Dynomax Mufflers on LT4?

1996 LT4 Topic
G

GS583

Has anyone put Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers on their stock pipes? Any problem with resonance?

On my L98 I used the Welded SS ones not the Turbo's I love them and Ive had no problems with them.

GS583,
I've been looking at that option too. The SuperTurbo direct fit look just like the factory LT1 cans. But the factory ones flow about 250-275cfm from what I'm told. The STs flow 475cfm. So much better flow. I heard 1 person who tried them say they are ok but he wanted louder. They have a deeper grumble to them. There is a sound file on the Dynomax website of a TransAm with them on so you can get an idea. I was told no resonance. The baffle/diverter on that particular model muffler are removed to get the flow up higher.

The welded SS ones that BigRed has flow 1000cfm+ and those sound mean and obviously deliver more power.

Depends on how loud you want it to sound. Let me know if you try them. I can't buy any parts on my shopping list for another month or two. So I won't do it right away.
Graham

Ya thats the stats on the Stainless ones Mine are the Welded Galvanized (still look really good) so Mine flow at (Dynomax Claims) 1133 CFM :eek

Dynomax mufflers

Hello GS !

I just recently installed a set of dynomax ultraflow mufflers onto my factory exhaust pipes. My car is an LT4 car, so it has the 3 inch exhaust pipe. I am very pleased with the sound, there is no resonance, and I believe that I will see high 12's at the dragstrip with the factory exhaust and these mufflers ! Just my .02 worth.

:w
Steve.

Insightfull replies everyone. Big Red are you using the aluminized or stainless mufflers? Posts seem to go both ways, or am I confused? PCola Vette did you have to modify your exhaust to fit these or are these mufflers like the super turbos and only require cutting of the exhaust pipes? In other words did you have to fab the pipes to connect the mufflers to the original system. Do either of you have pix? Thanks again, Dave

DynoMax Mod's....

Hello everyone !

Dave, the only modification done to my setup was the addition of a set of custom stainless steel tips onto the outlet side of the mufflers. The Ultraflow's I purchased were 3" in and out, so the mufflers mated to the factory pipe with no hassle. The factory hangers were reused to install the Ultraflow's on my vette. My muffler guru only charged me $40. to install the mufflers, the tips however set me back $150. I would be glad to send you some pics if you would like, but I haven't been able to master the reduction in size of my pics to be able to post one in my signature ! I also had my factory resonator removed, at a cost of $40. Save the Wave !

:w
Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom