Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(E-Bay) SCAM ALERT!

ok, new update,

I sent callaway4fun and sufnsun a PM with the name of the scammer I am mailing with for the past 4 days.
to confirm it is the same person.

I will not post it public for now to make sure my own cover gets blown.

latest news,

I told him regarding the auction, that it was ended earlier and could not place a bid anymore.

I asked what money he wanted , he replied 2K
then I replied that I was suggesting the reserve price which was in the auction

without mentioning the exact amount he confirmed with , Ok deal.

this is a 1250 earn in 5 minutes for me ;)

to be continued

lets nail this scammer :D

Personally, I think this is something best left to the authorities and I am glad to know that our Callaway Community was warned in hopes that none of us fall for this trap. By leading the person(s) on you are playing them in their own game and hopefully gathering documentation which I would urge you to pass on to e-bay and the authorities. Scams like this diminish the great value of the online trading community - heck, where would we be without ebay? (probably a bit richer ;) but with less good stuff).

-Luigi
:cool

Folks, I hear the real Callaway Dymags are now in the hands of the new owner and are as advertised :cool

Any subsequent auctions or sales involving these wheels you can bet, are fake! And should be reposted as such.

FWIW, the wheels are headed for a Callaway that was in need of a set, after a past owner removed (and sold???) the Dy's that came w/ the car when constructed :eek

:v :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom