Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Early C-4 wheels

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Why is it so hard to find decent custom replacement wheels for an 84 vette. their 16X8.5 I think?;shrug

Since nobody replied, I guess I should contact each manufacturer of wheels to see if they carry a 16X8.5 wheel right?:bash

I went thru this a few years ago - every wheel maker wants you to upgrade to 17" wheels. I couldn't find any new wheels that I liked, but I stumbled on a set of gold ARE 16 x 9.5 in a junkyard! These wheels were exactly what I envisioned on my vette.

C4 Wheels

I went to Discount Tire, ordered Chrome ZR-1 replica wheels, 17x9.5, with BFG G-Force sport 275-40 x 17 tires, for my 87 convertible.

They fit, run smooth and quiet, grip like mad, and look great! and they are a Corvette item, not something you will see on any street rod.

I'll never go back to 16"

Happy cruising,
Keither

These are American racing torque thrust II wheels 17 x 9.5 I bought them on ebay for wheels and tires from Tomzwheels. They are polished aluminum so they won't peel or flake or bubble. The only other wheel that looks good is the ZR1 rims on these early C4 vetttes.
IMG_1692.jpg

The only other wheel that looks good is the ZR1 rims on these early C4 vetttes.
I beg your pardon!
The black Epsilons look great on my '84, much better IMHO than the dime-a-dozen ZR1s.

I beg your pardon!
The black Epsilons look great on my '84, much better IMHO than the dime-a-dozen ZR1s.

when you say early ZR1 wheels which ones. 1990, 1991 -93?

tcxd40

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom