Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Early C5 rims on a 92 ?

vms4evr

Corvette
2002 Flat Black Z06
A friend is willing to sell me some new rims dirt cheap. They are black powder coated rims for a 97-99. Non-directional, 17x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear. They are still in the orignal boxes.

Will these fit properly on my92 without spacers? Clearance? Etc?

I want to get new tires to put on them and keep my current tires and original rims just for autox.

Graham

I think so, the offset should be really close if not the exact same

We measured the offset and it is pretty close. Put the rims on one side to see how they look. They are original 97-99 rims and have been black powder coated. I took the 4 18x9.5 rims and he is going to keep the 4 17x8.5 rims. So we split the set. Looks like I can get 285/35-18 and get the same diameter and width. May even put 275/40-18 on the back to get a little more diameter.

I'll post pictures when I get the tires and have them mounted. Almost has that GS type look with black wheels on a red vette...

Graham

vms,

Do you have to change a speedo gear in the diff. to do that? I was thinking of those rims too, if tire prices and the speedo gear install are cheap.

275/40-17 is listed as 25.7" on the MX tires I have on my stock rims now. You can use 245/40-18, 265/35-18, 275/35-18. I haven't decided which size yet. This will be for street use and looks. But those 3 sizes are so close that if the speedo is off it can't be by much.

I won't get around to doing this until early next year sometime. I just need my original wheels to mount R-compounds for autox. Once I get them done I'll dig this post up and put a link to pictures.

Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom