Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eckler Daytona Body Kits

The body work looks great. Nice job.

Yellow has always been my favorite on Sharks with the Daytona mod - but that's just one man's opinion.

Culprit

very nice

i like it a lot, i almost did that to mine.. 2 things stopped me, 1 i didn't have a garage or anywhere to do it at the time, 2 (most important) i didn't want to loose the hide away lights.... but it does looks good...

Whatever color you choose... I would add a racing motif... like stripes (like the cars at le mans )

Photo06042010.jpg

Hey copdogcorvettes, just finishing up a Daytona widebody conversion on my 1980. It looks like your posted pictures aren't showing up anymore. Any way you can repost? Did you do the Daytona conversion on the 78 or did you buy it that way?

Those wide bodies still have the look. Nice work.

Tom

This is my second one.
The first one was a 1978 with a full Eckler's Daytona body. I had the conversion done in 1983.
Sold it in the late 80's to buy a house and lost track of it's whereabouts.
This second one I decided to do myself, so it's been a long project. The biggest challenge was that both Eckler and Greenwood have destroyed or sold their molds, Vanacor went out of business and Show Cars up in Canada is a bit of a crapshoot. I had to hunt down parts, so this one has a combination of Eckler's, Greenwood, and custom parts. I'm just hoping that after all this work, once I get it on the road, it's not going to look to "dated".

Customized show cars from that period often look dated. The exception to me are the ones that are race inspired. Your color, wheels and quality work will set your car apart. The vintage racing look is hot and a well done car will always be cool.

Tom

Thanks Tom and good point about keeping it somewhat true to it's racing legacy. The one that sold earlier this year at Mecum had a ton of custom air brush on the body, under the hood, etc... and although it still looked good, it definitely had that a somewhat "70's" feel to it. I've had friends asking if I'm two toning it, adding stripes, etc... it's just going to be yellow and everything else blacked out.
That's why I'll be selling the wheels. I thought of having them powder coated but I think I'm just going to find something a little more aggressive looking in black.

Still trying to see some pictures of CopdogCorvettes Daytona... can anyone repost, it looks like the links are no longer valid. Thanks.

I was hoping to have mine up and running for the NCRS Winter Meet this weekend in Lakeland, Fl, but ran into some hold ups getting parts.

Attachments

• Widebody_1980_1.jpg
    Widebody_1980_1.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 75
Still trying to see some pictures of CopdogCorvettes Daytona... can anyone repost, it looks like the links are no longer valid. Thanks.

I was hoping to have mine up and running for the NCRS Winter Meet this weekend in Lakeland, Fl, but ran into some hold ups getting parts.
He hasn't been active lately. If you go to his profile, you can send him a private message or an email?

Mac

daytona body kit

This is my second one.
The first one was a 1978 with a full Eckler's Daytona body. I had the conversion done in 1983.
Sold it in the late 80's to buy a house and lost track of it's whereabouts.
This second one I decided to do myself, so it's been a long project. The biggest challenge was that both Eckler and Greenwood have destroyed or sold their molds, Vanacor went out of business and Show Cars up in Canada is a bit of a crapshoot. I had to hunt down parts, so this one has a combination of Eckler's, Greenwood, and custom parts. I'm just hoping that after all this work, once I get it on the road, it's not going to look to "dated".

I have a new Daytona body kit that was never installed , there is a guy in town that does fiberglass kits that I have talked to about making new kits from mine . so I know where to get them from , my question is there enough people wanting them to build some . I also have a 1981 Daytona corvette this is also why a have another kit . My email is fabtronicsshop@yahoo.com if you have any questions on getting parts made for the Daytona corvette .

wow, well, that's great to here.... is it the Eckler's Daytona kit or Greenwood? Do have any pix of your car and the parts?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom