Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ecm 1993 lt1

norwegianvette

Corvette
1993 Aqua Convertible
Any problems with these computers. Have a no spark situation and she throw a lot of codes from fuel pump to ignition and you name it:W These computers are very difficult to get a hand on. Anyone know one who sells?

Steve

A good rule of thumb when multiple codes are present is to disconnect the battery to clear them then see which ones return. If there are still several codes indicated, begin troubleshooting with the lowest numbered code first, as each one is diagnosed and repaired, clear again and recheck before proceeding or condemning the ECM.
The 92 and 93 ECM's can be difficult to locate, but there are several companies that can rebuild them. Links to a couple here:
http://www.siaelec.com

Welcome to Gmautocomputers

A good rule of thumb when multiple codes are present is to disconnect the battery to clear them then see which ones return. If there are still several codes indicated, begin troubleshooting with the lowest numbered code first, as each one is diagnosed and repaired, clear again and recheck before proceeding or condemning the ECM.
The 92 and 93 ECM's can be difficult to locate, but there are several companies that can rebuild them. Links to a couple here:
http://www.siaelec.com

Welcome to Gmautocomputers

Thank you.

It is a bit out of my hands for the time being. Had the car towed to a nearby garage and they work on it. I just supply parts as they go on replacing. Coil replaced, they work on the opti/waterpump/plug wires and plugs now. I thinc the ignition module will arrive on thursday and then that will be replaced to. I did plan to rebuild the ignition to MSD this winter so all parts where in my garage. The only thing i needed was the module which i ordered today.

Never heard about problems with the ECM but time will show.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom