Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EFI Conversion ???

P

Pa Goose

Have been thinking of converting my 81's electronic carb to Throttle Body Electronic Fuel Injection.
Edlebrook used to make a bolt on conversion but no more and they tell me it would be a bad idea to attempt. They also said it would not be smog legal. Their recomendation is to convet to the GM TPI on the 82-87 Vette.
The local Chevy dealership told me to stay away from the TPI and go with an aftermarket setup like Edlebrock made. As for somg it would pass because the emissions would be greatly improved. They also said will not work on any vehicle with TPI installed.
?????!!!!????
What are your ideas/opinions?
Thanks
John

Well im one that has swapped for a tpi setup and 700r4 trans and it runs great approximately 22mpg highway and 18 around town.Plenty of torque,just there restricted for horsepower after 5000 rpm,ive modified my setup and i can get 5300 max then it hits a wall.

TPI would be the way to go, or any quality aftermarket port injection setup (plenty of them out there), as opposed to any throttle body setup. Painless makes a standalone wiring harness for universal use with GM TPI, and lots of streetrodders can't be wrong. ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide, and always remember the "Project Rule of Thumb".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom