Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electric fans, revisited

Joe,

I like your idea. My only critisism is you are now going from bare bones simple to one of the more complicated designs possible.

In the same respect, it is a genius idea, and I am very intersted to see how it plays out.

Keep us posted.

It was fairly complicated, when I started. After staring at the diagram for a while, and changing things around a bit, I've gotten in pared down to only the delay module and two small relays, in addition to the two fan relays that would need to be there anyway. Well, and a single additional thermo-switch, if I add that.

I need to check into availability of the delay module. If I can't expect to easily replace it if it ever fails, I'll look for a similar one from a more modern car. I'm going to do the same thing with the relays - I want to stick with standard GM components that any mechanic would be able to get (or even have in stock), as much as I can.

I agree that simplicity is definitely good: when I first drew it up, it had four extra relays and a lot of wiring. I spent quite a while looking it over to eliminate as much of the complexity as I could.

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom