Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical connector

JohnyH

Corvette
1988 red Roadster
GM wants 55$CDN for the connector that powers the power antenna relay? Part number 12085538 I have yet to confirm the part number. I have the manuals and will start to try to understand them! How do you get the terminal out? I tried but was unsuccessful. It appears the one contact with two red wires is black and corroded. ALL I need is the contact and a way to get it out.

PS Thanks for the radio noise solution mine started doing it on Thursday morning as I left for the Carlisle. Corvette weekend!

JohnnyH the terminal which I believe is in the Gray connector has what they call a tang. YOu need to releive the tang and pull it backwards. There is also the secondary lock that has to be released.

I understand about the tang, I have the manual in front of me but the secondary lock I don't see or I'm not sure about? I have had no luck finding a replacement connector, tried a NAPPA supplier today but no luck there. 55$ Cdn for a plastic connector with three pigtail wires coming out of it is a little bit much to grasp!

JohnyH,
The part cost them 0.13 cents each when they sell them in quantity where I work.

The secondary lock is the piece that snaps over the angle plastic or ramps on the back of the connector. I tried to get pictures but cant get super clear.
You need to be careful and slightly pry them to release them but dont break them.
Once you get the secondary locks released if should pivot out of the way and you need to use a small paper clip and release the tang on the terminal.
Three of the wires go to the body harness and the other connector goes to the antenna assembly.

I'll give it a try in the morning, I think I know what you mean now about the pin locking system. Thanks for the help, but do you know where I can get some pins?

Thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom