Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Electrical gremlins with climate control, aerial & dash

Jklumpp

Corvette
1991 Yellow Coupe
A strange thing happened when I drove my corvette today.....
As a background, I have a parasitic power drain problem that I have not got to the bottom of. If my car is not driven for a few days, the battery will go completely dead (only a new battery), so I generally keep it on a charger.
I've just got back from a weeks holiday, so the car has been sitting for some time with the battery on charge.
When I drove it today, all was OK - until Parked it and noticed the first issue - the electric aerial did not go down.... I turned the ignition on & off a few times, but still no good.
Then when I left to drive home I noticed 'SYS' appear on the dash, where the range/fuel economy is usually displayed... it eventually changed to the range, but would intermittently flash 'SYS' as I drove
Then the third thing I noticed was that I had no climate control! The orange background light was on, but there was nothing on the display, and no lights on the AUTO or OFF buttons, and I could not raise any codes by pressing the fan up/down buttons....

When i got home I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, and then reconnected hoping it just needed a reset, but no joy.... all problems still there.
I also checked the fuses, and they all appear OK.

Any suggestions?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom