Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue!

Electron Blue vs. Le Mans Blue

• Electron Blue

Votes: 97 46.4%
  • Le Mans Blue

Votes: 112 53.6%

• Total voters
This is a hard one. I'm such a big fan of blue in general. At this stage though, I would have to say Electron Blue. It stands out just a little more. As far as why I bought the color I did... well, I really didn't buy it for the color it curretnly is. Hopefully someday soon I will be able to put my Vette back to it's original Blue.

I voted, and I hope that's OK since I don't own either.
I really like that Le Mans blue, though. Not wild about the "electron" blue.
Where did they come up with that name anyway? Maybe it comes from electron"flow,"
where someone thought of flowing water.....just guessing. I work in the semiconductor industry where electron flow/control (current) is a major concern.

My sig says it all. I really do like the Le Mans Blue. Kind of classy if you ask me and man does it shine well.

Targa Blue?

I wasn't able to vote as my color option isn't available. I REALLY like the Targa Blue. To me, it seems a blend between the two. Kind of a blue pearl, it is bright in daylight, but dark in the shadows.

Given the choices presented, I like the LeMans Blue over Electron Blue. But, I like the blues in most any shade or spectrum. :cool

Marina blue, gunmetal blue, Candy Hi-Fi blue, etc. All good.

Rick

Electron Blue For Me

When I purchased my 03, the only blue that was available was the electron blue. Picked the blue because in the sunlight it looked much richer than the other colors. The Anniversary Red or Burgundy did not look as rich in the light as the blue which is why I did not get the Anniversary Edition.

All are nice, but I get many a thumbs up with the Electron Blue and the Polished Wheels.

Happy Motoring
Rich

Guess you can figure out that I voted for Electron Blue! In fact, we bought the '02 specifically for the color...and the fact that it had a red interior and white top.:) My second favorite blue is the '96 Grand Sport "Admiral Blue". And I'm one who, three years ago, would never have imagined we'd have blue Corvettes! Goes to show...I didn't know a thing!:D

Elaine

I can't vote until I see some big color swatches. :L

I think I'm leaning toward Electron Blue. It was my 2nd color choice after the yellow.

Tammy

I'm a little biased, I voted for LeMans Blue.:upthumbs To me the shade is just right, not to light and not to dark. Perfection! :drool: :naughty:

Doug :Twist

well if you wanted the Commemorative edition you didn't have much of a choice. I have one so I vote for the LeMans Blue, It does have a purple hue in the direct sunlight.

I really like electron blue.......until LeMans blue came out. Personally, I like the slightly darker shade of lemans. They both look darn good on a Vette, but I'd lean towards LM blue.

eece7446.bmp

GS Diva said:
Guess you can figure out that I voted for Electron Blue! In fact, we bought the '02 specifically for the color...and the fact that it had a red interior and white top.:) My second favorite blue is the '96 Grand Sport "Admiral Blue". And I'm one who, three years ago, would never have imagined we'd have blue Corvettes! Goes to show...I didn't know a thing!:D

Elaine

I didn't know these cars were "electron" blue. I've seen both of these cars up close, and they are both absolutely gorgeous. I've always been partial to the darker blue colors, but these two cars are truely exceptional.

Electron Blue for me!!

An Electron Blue Vert for me!!. Elegance with an attitude!:D

Electron blue would be my choice, it,s the closest to my 92 quasar blue, vert ,w/white top and interior.

JJS said:
I didn't know these cars were "electron" blue. I've seen both of these cars up close, and they are both absolutely gorgeous. I've always been partial to the darker blue colors, but these two cars are truely exceptional.

Well, thank you very much, John!!:)

Elaine

Tough choice

Although I have a Lemans Commemorative Edition coupe, I voted Electron Blue. Electron blue is beautiful under any light conditions. The Lemans Blue is beautiful in the sunlight, but is too dark in the shadows and at night. Why did I buy Lemans blue then? Well that's already been stated... you couldn't get a Lemans Commemoaritve Edition in any other color... and Electron Blue is no longer produced. :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom