Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

emblem (badge) restoration???

srs244

Corvette
1978 pace car, 04 CE convert
i have several center console, 1978 pace car "25th anniversary" badges i need to have restored. i thought someone like the last detail, in georgia would do stuff like that, but they told me they don't. i am am at a lost at this point as to who else to try. has anyone used someone they could feel comfortable recommending??

thanks

Not sure what might be involved with your 25th emblems, but I restored my crossed flag emblems (nose, fuel door, and console trim) with enamel model paint. They look every bit as good as OEM.
:)

Not sure what might be involved with your 25th emblems, but I restored my crossed flag emblems (nose, fuel door, and console trim) with enamel model paint. They look every bit as good as OEM.
:)

mike
thanks, but unfortunately, there is too large an expanse of black that makes it difficult to do that way. additionally there is a script on the badge that makes it difficult to restore, but, i guess that's something of an option. i wouldn't have a problem paying for a professional restoration, but i guess i'll be stuck trying to do it myself since no one else has had any suggestions of a place. in addition, there is a checkerd flag motif with chrome and alternating black which makes it a bit tricky to mask off. i guess it will just be another element of the project that i will have to attack.

thanks for the suggestions.

nobody has used someone they could recommend?? i realize most of the stuff is reproduced (and obviously the easy way out), but there must be some NCRS folks out there that had their originals redone to keep the car correct. inmy case this emblem has never been reproduced, and since there were only 6602 original 78 pace cars, there wasn't a large "stock" of spares on this item.

If you post a picture of the '25th Anniversary badges' you are referring to and want to restore maybe someone can give you some recommendations on how to go about it. Just a suggestion :D

I redid mine like 6880 Mike. I used model car paint and a brush that only had about 3 hairs. All of mine are crossed flag. They came out looking like new and saved me abouit $200.00 on new ones.

as suggested, here is a picture of the emblem unique to the pace car in 78

Try contacting the guy on this auction. He offered to repaint the emblems on my '71, although I've never gotten around to it. Maybe he can help. Dwain

Guess it would help to give the auction #. lol 66 Corvette 427 Turbo Jet Fender Emblem New Item number: 4625487556

thanks. i'll give him a try.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom