Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

emblems for my 76/opinions?

400hp_76

Corvette
Black 1976 STINGRAY cpe, T-tops
hey, i was considering using a c-5 nose emblem and rear deck emblem to replace my original 76 emblems...give me some feedback on how you think it would look.. thanks

C5 emblems on a C3

:puke

Sorry....but thats my personal opinion. Don't take any offense.
Sarge

Myself...

I think it would look odd...but then I know what belongs on a C3 and a C5. The average, envious, family car / mini-van driver oogling on the road, won't know.
If you think it looks cool, do it.
Sil

To me the C5 emblem is just a cartoon image of the real Corvette emblems. Seriously, when I first saw it I thought someone was doing a cartoon image.

tom...

emblem reply,

Me personally, the c-5 image looks much sleeker. but i have decided to stay with the c-3 emblems anyway. i just couldnt bring myself to change the emblems. i would possibly do it if i had retrofit a c-5 drivetrain and suspension but that will never happen. thanks for the insight. Tyler

Flags

C5 logo on a C3, I think it's just a matter of taste.
I too like the look of the new flags, but personally wouldn't use them on the outside of the car, ALTHOUGH........
I did use a C5, 3D Waterfall emblem in the inside. I placed it between the rear speakers on the box I built, and it looks good.
As for any other logo's, I placed even older ones, C2's on the chrome valve covers I just installed.
I even used side chrome emblems from a 61 to place on the back of the seats near the top.
Cross flags are cross flags, they all look cool.
I also plan on painting (yes, myself) a set of cross flags on the underside of the hood, with a shark in front of them this summer.
The flags I have in my head, don't match ANY of Chevy's either.
So, with all that in mind, you can now tell, I'll NEVER win any trophy's for stock, but originality, maybe some day.
I think it's O.K. to update the interior anyway you want it, let's face it, from todays standards the C3 interior needs facelift anyway.
If your trying to stay stock, then NO WAY use them, if not...
what the hell.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom