Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Emergency back up release cable.

I think it's a very good idea. Better than..."I wish I'd put the mod on the cables!!!!:bash when one breaks.

Eckler's and others sell a "Hood Opening Tool" for C4's that works pretty good. It's like 20 bucks in the catalog and you just throw it in the back of the car. If the cable brakes or the release handle brakes (like mine did once) and you need to get the hood open, you pull out the tool.
Ecklers part number is 32206.

Keeping the cables and the latches well lubricated and working smoothly will eliminate most problems.

Eckler's and others sell a "Hood Opening Tool" for C4's that works pretty good. It's like 20 bucks in the catalog and you just throw it in the back of the car. If the cable brakes or the release handle brakes (like mine did once) and you need to get the hood open, you pull out the tool.
Ecklers part number is 32206.

Keeping the cables and the latches well lubricated and working smoothly will eliminate most problems.
Thanks to all. For their reply's

Came across an email of someone using black tie wraps, they blend in right next to the driver side windshield wiper as emergency hood release in case of a cable failure.

Klaus

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom