Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Emergency break console

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
My emergency break console is a bit torn, so I'm looking for a new one. However, the consoles at Zip, Ecklers etc. seems to be made of plain fiberglass, but mine is covered with soft padding, just like the rest of the console.
Can I find just the padding somewhere? I have not seen it in any of the big catalogs.

Try Al Knoch Interiors out of El Paso TX. They have great products.

I think you have something han made. I do not think any of the early '70's came padded..

George

Johan,

You may have one of those aftermarket padded covers for the console. If so, just replace that. Most of the vendors carry them as an interior accessory.

If you do decide to replace the housing, make sure you remove the rear compartment lid, reach in from behind, and remove the bolt that goes in from the back side of the console. I can't tell you how many people have ruined their old console at least trying to get it out of the car not knowing there was a bolt through the backside.

You mean that under the padding i propably have a standard console? In that case I can just remove the cover and restore it to original for the cost of $0... Great! :)

Johan said:
You mean that under the padding i propably have a standard console? In that case I can just remove the cover and restore it to original for the cost of $0... Great! :)

Yep, I think that is what you have there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom