Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Emission issues with 92 vettes?

gkurtz

Corvette
92 Bright Red Convertable
I recently did a carfax on a car I'm looking to buy. I found an emissions failure that appeared to be corrected after a second test. This car came from florida, sold in new york and only has 4800 miles. Did the 92 vetts have any emission issures I should be aware of.

Nope. The LT1 doesn't have any emissions issues except when they are out of tune. It probably needed the IAC and TB cleaned and new O2 sensors. Any car with that low mileage after 12 years is probably going to need a few parts cleaned or replaced just from sitting. Wouldn't surprise me that it needs a new water pump also as the seals go bad if the coolant isn't cycled often enough to keep them lubricated.

Gook luck with your car search.

Bought my 92 last Nov. with 24400 miles and went to NJ state inspection which is a real pain and "Passed"

Tuna said:
Nope. The LT1 doesn't have any emissions issues except when they are out of tune. It probably needed the IAC and TB cleaned and new O2 sensors. Any car with that low mileage after 12 years is probably going to need a few parts cleaned or replaced just from sitting. Wouldn't surprise me that it needs a new water pump also as the seals go bad if the coolant is cycled often enough to keep them lubricated.

Gook luck with your car search.

And while you're checking that; may as well check the optispark too. It is not unusual for failure of the water pump to lead to failure of the opti. :(

Ah heck, I have had plenty of my cars not pass one or multiple times and that doesn't mean they aren't running good. The newer the car the more tempermental due to all the sensors. Don't let that dissuade you. They can always pass no matter how bad the problem seems. Thanks to people here I was finally able to diagnose my 84 problems!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom