Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Emissions decal mystery..

Peer81

Corvette
'81 Black
Hello,

I noticed that my old emissions decals has an other number then my new one. I order the AUH (81 auto, call) just like my vette is.
Other options for that year are the: AUF, AUJ, AUD.

But the decal that is already on my hood has the following: AWN. I looked into all the previous and 82 emissions decals but no AWN to find there. AND the full color routing on the old decal is exactly the same as my 81 (and my new decal). It differs from the 82, 80 etc etc because the 81 has an unique emissions routing so no mixup there.
Does anybody know where the AWN came from?

Groeten Peter.

And the picture:
IMG_3429.JPG

Anyone?

Groeten Peter.

Perhaps it was from a different model that got mixed up during the printing production of them (I'mwould guess that they all came from the same supplier)...what does the stamping on your block say....

Thanks for the idea Bill,

I looked into my shopmanual yesterday and lucky for me i came across the page with engine code's vs. idle speeds etc etc. The AWN is a original L81 code but as far as i know nobody has a new decal with that code.
I'll try paragon, zip, corvettecentral and dr rebuild and see if they got them. Any other shop where i could find the AWN sticker and visite there website?

Groeten Peter.

The Plot Thickens

....The AWN is a original L81 code but as far as i know nobody has a new decal with that code....Groeten Peter.

Peter,

I also was able to verify that the book calls it a AWN label. Sometime ago, I had order a label for my vehicle, but I ordered the wrong one (my Vette is a Federal model with Auto transmission), and I received what Corvette Central identifies as a California Emissions label under AUH, so I called Corvette Central, and I told them about the disconnect, but they don't seem to know any better either. I asked them if they had an Altitude-models emissions label, and they told me that they didn't. Their reference calls for AUH on California emissions Vettes.

Have you checked your vin numbers on your engine? The last characters should be ZDB for a California Emissions L81. Also, RPO G92 was only available for the California emissions L81's with automatic transmissions, and it included a 2.87 rear axle over the standard 2.72:1.

Perhaps the AWN code was changed to AUH? ;shrug

GerryLP:cool

p.s. by-the-way, I found interesting information relating to warranty of emission equipment http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/warr94fs.txt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom