Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EMT Question

J

Jughead

I need some help on finding which manafacturers make Extended Mobility Tires. I know I might be being lazy but I know you guys(and ladies) can help. Having had C4s in the past I'm not up to speed on this subject....but I'm about to buy a 98 vert and I need help on this matter. I've always used Michelin in the past but I'm open to any suggestion or recommendation. The more names...the better. Price is not a problem and any input will be greatly appreciated.

If you do not want to stick with the Goodyears, check out offerings on EMTs from Michelin, Firestone, Yokohama, or Kumho. Good Luck.

jcs712 said:
If you do not want to stick with the Goodyears, check out offerings on EMTs from Michelin, Firestone, Yokohama, or Kumho. Good Luck.
Thanks...I wasn't aware that Michelin made them.

Interesting read! It sure shed a different light on my idea about makers of EMTs. Thanks a bunch jwawhite. I knew I could count on the memebers of this forum to show all sides of the subject.

jwawhite said:
If I had of read this article before buying the Firehawks, I may have stuck with Goodyear. I had 2 punctures in the original GY's that would have been 2 new Firehawks instead of a pair of $40 repairs. I did also have a non repairable sidewall puncture at around 10k miles and the good people at GY gave me a new tire. The Firehawks are more quiet but not a lot. I drive conservatively so I can't see much difference in handling. The GY's are a lot more money.

jwawhite,
Great info in Hib's article that you linked to.
I didn't know that either about the other tire manufacturers. It sounds like not all EMT's are equal.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom