Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine ECM Harness

Antz81

Corvette
1981 4 speed
I'm after a new ECM harness for my 81. I have tried lectric and was told that it's not available. Checked a few corvette parts sites and found that MA Motorworks still listed them on their site so tried ordering one only to find they no longer sell them.
Does anyone know of somewhere that still sells them?
Mine is in bad shape so i want to replace it before it starts to cause problems.

Lectric limited would have been my choice as well,
if they don't have them we may be SOL....

I need to look it up but don't know if I still have it. The other way around. You can order new wire and the connectors so you could always fab one your own.

Greetings Peter

Have no issues making it myself. I would just need to source all of the connectors. The one that worries me the most is the coolant temp sensor. The others look simple. But it's probably just a case of need to open it to see it then all will be fine.

I know that the coolant temp sensor, the one in the intake manifold is available with a "pigtail." And I believe the coolant temp sensor in the left head is also available, not 100% on that one as I have not replaced it like I have the other one.

Good luck.

LannyL81

I know that the coolant temp sensor, the one in the intake manifold is available with a "pigtail." And I believe the coolant temp sensor in the left head is also available, not 100% on that one as I have not replaced it like I have the other one.

Good luck.

LannyL81

I know both temp sensors are available. But I can't seem to find this pigtail. Where did you see it?

I have a complete uncut harness from my 1981. Peter what manual did you get your diagrams from?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom