Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

engine ID

T

trapper

I am trying to identify the # on what I already know is a NOM engine in a 63 Conv. orig. 340 hp. It's CE3N35965 S1011XTD
It's a casting date on the block of /212.

no luck

my book doesn't list the xtd, want to double the whole number.
rod.

numbers

Trapper,
I'm kind of short on info on newer stuff. I'm guessing it to be a '82 or '92 casting from the date code. The CE3N***** would tell you the vehicle it came in but I can't find anything in my books with a ser # series like that. Must be newer.

Tom

CE is more than likely a warranty replacement block that was replaced by GM......The website www.mortec.com is a great reference site for engine casting information and I believe there is a lenghty discussion on CE blocks. thks, rch

trapper said:
I am trying to identify the # on what I already know is a NOM engine in a 63 Conv. orig. 340 hp. It's CE3N35965 S1011XTD
It's a casting date on the block of /212.
The "CE3" identifies it as a 5/50 warranty replacement engine, made in 1973; the rest of that number (N35965) is an internal sequence number from the engine plant that built it. There's no way to determine its innards without tearing it down; "CE" replacement engines were supplied as short blocks, with the rest of the parts coming from the failed engine. They were ordered by part number to match the innards of the failed engine, but that part number doesn't appear anywhere on the engine. The "S1011XTD" most likely identifies it as having been built at the Saginaw Service Parts Plant - that was the only user of the "S" prefix.
:beer

:eek This thread began over three years ago?

Boing.........here it is back again. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom