Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine is in

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
I have not posted a pic in so long, I hope this works
I put together my old 427 from my drag car(freshened up) and set it in late last night. I painted it GM corporate blue, already have too much black and orange will be too much with a red oil pan and red scattershield
I am getting close now and we will be out for some test passes at the track in the fall
The 427 will be in for me to sort out the car, get used to driving something quick and to rebuild my bank account , so I can finish the blower motor........actually with the fuel this thing will like, I don't think I will have much luck with the bank account part LOL
take care
Tom

IM001652.jpg

There is a custom engine mid plate that has to go in yet, but I have to open up the hole for the crank flange to fit...just too snug(do that today)
My engine hoist needs the boom to go out another inch or so, so I have to do that first , so I don't scratch the front end
Once is is buttoned up, a good powerwashing is in order for the whole car

IM001657.jpg

That should get the job done for the time being. :D

tom, I hadn't seen a photo of the painted car....either I have been asleep or you are holding out on us.....motor will be sweet to start with.....how about a photo of the car?????????

Hi Herb
I thought I had posted a pic of the car, maybe I never did though?
The car is in urethane primer, it is not painted yet. The flames will be nicer when done for good
I may not even flame it when it is done...not sure yet. I will drive it like this for a year or so and beat it up at the track to see how the body holds up
This pic was taken a little over a year ago. It will look better with the sidepipes , bumpers and grill inserts. The bumpers are fiberglass and they will be on before I go to the track

Im001542.jpg

These headers took a long time to make. They are not boughten
My motor is centered and the angles are different enough from a stock vette that the sidepipes Hooker offers won't fit
This is a Hooker Super Comp kit and a lot of j bends. It took probably about 50 hrs to make them(tig welded) Also they go over the frame rails and out, not under the frame
I might just run 4 in straight pipe back this year or take the time to fit the DNA mufflers I bought, which will require a custom side pipe cover(ie.... more work)

IM001618-1.jpg

These headers took a long time to make. They are not boughten
My motor is centered and the angles are different enough from a stock vette that the sidepipes Hooker offers won't fit
This is a Hooker Super Comp kit and a lot of j bends. It took probably about 50 hrs to make them(tig welded) Also they go over the frame rails and out, not under the frame
I might just run 4 in straight pipe back this year or take the time to fit the DNA mufflers I bought, which will require a custom side pipe cover(ie.... more work)

IM001618-1.jpg
looking good.....I wish I had just a piece of your skills......

Hello
There is some things I want to go over again on the car this winter. I have not done the interior yet, I want to make sure it turns out nice so that is this winters project. It will look fairly original inside aside from the tubs and the cage
I am going to ceramic coat the headers this winter as well. When I bark up the car I will get a video clip of it. Deb's little camera will take a short movie, so if she will let me use it, I am going to put it inside the car when I get it out at the track.
but, before I plan too far ahead, I have to finish it first....then make sure it stops and steers ok, and if all goes ok, then I will beat on it a bit
I will not be able to have enough time to get used to it on one day at the track. The one/two shift with the 5 speed is really fast and with a high rpm launch, it is just not something I can get used to right away in a few passes
No matter what happens, it is just going to be nice to be at that point after all of this time with this project
take care
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom