Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine nrs Corvette 66

CESSNA

Corvette
Hi, I own a Corvette 66 (in Belgium) with following nrs:
Casting: 3959512
nr: F 030 7 HE
Is thisa FRE ( Factor replacement engine 300 HP Manual?)
Thanks for yr help/PAUL

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Yes, the 3959512....327...62-67, was also used for some "CE" replacement blocks for 300 hp engines. Yours was assembled on June 30.

Tom

Last edited:
HI Tom, thanks for the quick reply:
The only nrs I have are the casting nr 3959512 , F030 7 HE stamped and part of the chassis nr ( stamped):6118842
Paul

I was thinking that was a casting date. Since it is the stamping it is a Flint built engine, built March 7. On the bell housing flange opposite from the casting number is a casting date. That should be just shortly before the build date. I would expect to see a letter B or C for February or March. More than likely a C for March since GM Central Casting, where this block was cast, was just up the road from Flint in Saginaw Michigan. An engine could have actually been assembled on the same day it was cast, depending on the shifts it was cast and assembled, but I'd expect a day or two later. That letter would be followed by a one or two digit number representing the day of the month (1 through 31). Then one digit representing the last digit of the calander year. An example would be C 4 7 (March 4, 1967).

I have edited my previous post. to reflect mu corrections.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom