Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine wiring harness

Whiteshadow89158

Corvette
1981 dark purple coupe
Hey everyone, just looking for some feedback from people who have installed a new engine harness. How easy was the swap and did the harness come with the appropriate wiring for the carb and choke.

Thanks for any input,
White

Lol oh god I hope I don't have that problem. It might be better to go through a reliable part vendor then rather than ebay.

...It might be better to go through a reliable part vendor then rather than ebay...

Absolutely. The quality of the LectricLimited harnesses is good. Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM will be handy when replacing the harness; it shows all the connections.

:thumb

I bought one from an online vender, dont remember which one, it was a lectriclimited harness and fit and quality where great. The starter harness came separate on mine so you may want to check into that.

Absolutely. The quality of the LectricLimited harnesses is good. Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM will be handy when replacing the harness; it shows all the connections.

:thumb

I sure do, it's the only reason why I was able to put my steering wheel back together correctly lol :beer

I bought one from an online vender, dont remember which one, it was a lectriclimited harness and fit and quality where great. The starter harness came separate on mine so you may want to check into that.

Looks like ill be going with lectriclimited :thumb

I believe I bought my forward lamp and engine harnesses from The Last Detail who seemed to have the best price for my '71 (fiberoptics). The actual wiring though came from LectricLimited. I thought the wiring process was pretty simple, just replace the old with the new as you move along rather then completely pulling the old first and then installing the new (worked for me). The only advice I really have is keep your old one. The new one had one plastic connector that didn't match my old one so it wouldn't fit. I just switched the plastic housing with the old one and I was all set.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom