Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eureka Springs GTG.....Anyone going??

fixvet

Corvette
1998 Two Tone Torch Red& Black Coupe
Anybody going down to the annual Eureka Springs, Arkansas Vette rally Oct. 2,3 & 4th? I'm only 2 hrs. away and plan on going down and back home on that Sat. to check out the cars, people and the beautiful Ozark scenery.

See you there!

:thumb:thumb

My wife and I will be there along with lots of other people from the OKC area. We'll be in the '08 vert.

We are going! Heading out Wednesday the 30th! :thumb

Had a great time in Eureka Springs. Ate a lot, drank a lot, talked a lot, had a lot of fun.

Arrived Thursday afternoon late just in time to get hosed by a passing storm and wet down everything. Friday and Saturday were beautiful with temps in the 70's. Friday was shopping, siteseeing and tourist train ride. Oh, and eating and drinking. Saturday was the show, working the NCM store and more eating and drinking. Sunday was the drive home with a stop a War Eagle Mill for breakfast.

Hope everyone else had a good time there.

My wife and I went there Thursday morning as we do every year. Autocross had been moved from the Chevrolet dealership (now closed) to who knows where: so we spent Thursday in Branson. Friday, we went searching for the registrationand found it at the "Land-O-Nod" motel (horrible location!!!). We found a paking space at the motel and a (an AH)member of the Tulsa club (they think they own Eureka) told us we couldn't park there and we had to go down the street and park at another motel, then walk back. I said forget that and we went to Branson again instead on Friday morning. When we returned Friday afternoon, we heard the "cruise" (locals call it the "parade") was cancelled for this year, so once again we deferred registering. We usually do the autocross, the cruise and the poker run, but since we were not going to get to do any, why pay the Tulsa club anything?

Saturday morning we went by the show. We usually do this to see what Corvette gear is for sale. Well, we found out there wasn't much and what was for sale was piled

My wife and I went there Thursday morning as we do every year. Autocross had been moved from the Chevrolet dealership (now closed) to who knows where: so we spent Thursday in Branson. Friday, we went searching for the registrationand found it at the "Land-O-Nod" motel (horrible location!!!). We found a paking space at the motel and a (an AH)member of the Tulsa club (they think they own Eureka) told us we couldn't park there and we had to go down the street and park at another motel, then walk back. I said forget that and we went to Branson again instead on Friday morning. When we returned Friday afternoon, we heard the "cruise" (locals call it the "parade") was cancelled for this year, so once again we deferred registering. We usually do the autocross, the cruise and the poker run, but since we were not going to get to do any, why pay the Tulsa club anything?

Saturday morning we went by the show. We usually do this to see what Corvette gear is for sale. Well, we found out there wasn't much and much of what was for sale was piled up in the back of a truck where you couldn't tell what they had. We left with nothing.

As there was nothing left to do or see, we left at Noon Saturday. Normally we would have stayed until Sunday morning.

This rally has been going downhill fast for a couple of years. Unless I get word that the organizers will do a better job in the future, I won't be back. Others that have been going about 20 years, say the same thing.

Anybody going down to the annual Eureka Springs, Arkansas Vette rally Oct. 2,3 & 4th? I'm only 2 hrs. away and plan on going down and back home on that Sat. to check out the cars, people and the beautiful Ozark scenery.

See you there!

:thumb:thumb

i love eureka springs..ive been on several honeymoons there:cool

We drove over Wednesday to Eureka Springs AR. Thursday we went to Springdale to the autocross. Had a great turn out there. Friday we got in line for the fuel economy run. What a nice drive. Right at 100 miles. Saturday we did the car show. We had already booked our room for next year! Thanks for all the vette clubs that put this great event on!!! :thumb

Tips for Eureka Springs -

Best Places to Eat - Cafe Santa Fe (and I usually don't like Mexican) on Main a few blocks past all of the tourist shops, and best burger is at a little ice cream shop about two blocks further out on Main (closes at 4:00 PM). Sparky's burgers are pretty good but this place draws the obnoxious biker/poser crowd like flies (Hey, I'm a motorcyclist and have been 35 years, but I do so because I like to ride, and I have never needed to dress up and pretend to be a future Hell's Angel member).

Rip Offs - The railroad trip (about 2 miles and a cheap sandwich), the Cresent Hotel ghost tour, food at the Crescent Hotel (expensive and bad). All buffets are weak. Most of these places only have food when some event is in town, and now-a-days these are few and far between.

Best Places to go - 1) Branson old downtown district (East side of expressway, not the bumper-to bumper traffic on the West side loop that goes by 100 country music concert halls, 200 t shirt shops, and 300 bad restaurants; the only place worth seeing on West side is the Outlet Mall). Try the food downtown at "The Shack" - where the locals eat. Like Irish Pubs - good fish & chips or bangers & mash at Waxy O'Sheas in The Landing. Do take the Branson Downtown railroad dinner trip - excellent food and service on a nice two hour train ride. 2) Springfield - Bass Pro Shops main store - everything for the outdoor person,and there's a very nice old music store downtown in a college area for the musician; looks like its been there 100 years.

Driving the local 2 lane roads can be great if there are no bikers.

Tips for Eureka Springs -

Best Places to Eat - Cafe Santa Fe (and I usually don't like Mexican) on Main a few blocks past all of the tourist shops, and best burger is at a little ice cream shop about two blocks further out on Main (closes at 4:00 PM). Sparky's burgers are pretty good but this place draws the obnoxious biker/poser crowd like flies (Hey, I'm a motorcyclist and have been 35 years, but I do so because I like to ride, and I have never needed to dress up and pretend to be a future Hell's Angel member).

Rip Offs - The railroad trip (about 2 miles and a cheap sandwich), the Cresent Hotel ghost tour, food at the Crescent Hotel (expensive and bad). All buffets are weak. Most of these places only have food when some event is in town, and now-a-days these are few and far between.

Best Places to go - 1) Branson old downtown district (East side of expressway, not the bumper-to bumper traffic on the West side loop that goes by 100 country music concert halls, 200 t shirt shops, and 300 bad restaurants; the only place worth seeing on West side is the Outlet Mall). Try the food downtown at "The Shack" - where the locals eat. Like Irish Pubs - good fish & chips or bangers & mash at Waxy O'Sheas in The Landing. Do take the Branson Downtown railroad dinner trip - excellent food and service on a nice two hour train ride. 2) Springfield - Bass Pro Shops main store - everything for the outdoor person,and there's a very nice old music store downtown in a college area for the musician; looks like its been there 100 years.

Driving the local 2 lane roads can be great if there are no bikers.

This was our 5th year going to Corvette Weekend and we always eat at Santa Fe! :thumb

One of my favorite from the weekend.

DSC03025.jpg

We have been down there the last 5 yrs and love it, cant blame the promoters for the Chevy Dealer closing causing the move of the autocross which I placed in the C5 category, did the show and really enjoyed everything. Santa Fe is very good this was our first yr to try it (they are under new ownership which happen to be some of the employees from previous ownership) will definitely go back next yr got my room reserved already. Another very good place to eat is Gaskins Cabin North on 23 kinda pricey but very good, also a good place for lunch or breakfast is Mud Street Cafe it is downtown Eureka:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom