Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! European Corvette C4 1984

Van_Rossen

Corvette
1984 C4 european version
Hi,
This is a question from over the ocean. A while agoo I owned a C4 Corvette from 1984. It was the European version with the orange rear blinkers and the two tone front fog lights.
I absolutely loved the car but I had to sell it. Now, I would like to buy one again.
I like the EUropean version, so I'm looking for that specific version. But I would like to know how many fish are swimming in my pond... Does anybody know how many 1984 European version were made and exported to Europe? (I guess they all had the UL2 option, so if anybody knows how many UL2 optioned cars there were in 1984... I might have the answer as well).
Looking forward to your information.

Kind REgards,
Bert

I can not give you the production numbers for the 1984 model. The RPO Code you are looking for (UL2) is for the European radio frequency. The RPO code for the Car was VD1 which was for the European Modifications. Perhaps you will be able to find the information you need from that RPO code. Maybe someone else has a sheet with the production numbers for that RPO code and will chime in here soon.

Thanks John for the information.
I do appreciate it.
Indeed I'm looking for production numbers of the VD1 version.
I browsed the internet a while but I only was able to find that there are 20 cars in VD1 version in 1987. No information about 1984.
So while I'm still hoping that someone gives me the information, it was good to know that there are as well 20 versions of the 1987 model (that is slightly better than the 1984 model)

Today was I day that I became a bit smarter about my favourite Corvette :happyanim:
Thanks

Does anybody know how many 1984 European version were made and exported to Europe? (I guess they all had the UL2 option, so if anybody knows how many UL2 optioned cars there were in 1984... I might have the answer as well).
Looking forward to your information.

:w Bert-

Do you have your old car's Vehicle Identification Number?

If so...you can use this site to determine how many '84s had the export option...
Comprehensive GM VIN Decoder

Thanks Kane,... I appreciate your help... everybody is so nive on this forum
... but it doesn't work...

I checked some old papers and found the VIN:
1G1AY0784E5115762

When I enter it in the site it says: Nothing found for VIN Number 1G1AY0784E5115762...

Can you find something, now that you know the VIN?

Many Thanks in advance,
Bert

Thanks Kane,... I appreciate your help... everybody is so nive on this forum
... but it doesn't work...

I checked some old papers and found the VIN:
1G1AY0784E5115762

When I enter it in the site it says: Nothing found for VIN Number 1G1AY0784E5115762...

Can you find something, now that you know the VIN?

Many Thanks in advance,
Bert

Hmmmm... I tried to use your VIN as well as a couple of other '84 Corvette VINs and came up with nothing too. I guess compnine is missing the '84s altogether. ;shrug

Here's another link-
Corvette VIN Decoder

This site goes into some detail about the make up of a VIN. Hope that helps!

Hi Guys,

In the meantime I'm again member of the COrvette family since I bought again a C4 from 1984 - with the European specs. In fact it is exactly as the one I had before, only this one I bought from the widow of the original owner and only has 70.000 original kilometers on it (45.000 miles).
I'm very proud of it.
So now I'm even more curious to know how many European C4's of 1984 there are. VIN number does not tell the tale either on the websites and when I compare both of the VINs... there are a lot of numbers in between them.

Anybody an idea?

Many Thanks in advance

Keep in mind that GM did not make a 1983 Corvette because of validation problems so they just went to the 1984 designation and produced the 1984 model for 18 months before the 1985 came out. Which partially explains the large difference in vin numbers between the former 1984 you owned and this one.

You might find this interesting

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
Disk One 1672.jpg

What kind of modifications did you have on your crossfire?
Maybe a renegade intake manifold or a x-ram?

In the meantime I'm again member of the COrvette family since I bought again a C4 from 1984 - with the European specs.
Welcome back!

I cannot help with your question but am enjoying the background. I bought and installed a pair of those amber rear taillight lens; used as flashing lights for the outer lights, while the inners were non-flash (tail and brake). I saw that look decades ago on one car and liked it.

As a further pleasure, I have rediscovered the ignore function in this forum for the (thankfully rare) member who deserves it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom