Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Everyone thinks they are ProTeam now with their pricing....

geez, we must be getting old........ i remember when fantasies all revolved around women..... cars were nice, but it was women that fantasies were all about.
now we want car prices to drop.......
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Speak for yourself. My fantasy was a pretty girl to go with my vette. And if she wasn't so pretty or didn't exist at all, I still had my vette.

My Corvettes have been better investments than anything I did with equities.

Frankly, I think the prices are too low for C2s.:m

I think they are low RELATIVE to the Muscle cars but..... here is a rambling disertation on the Price Situation

While the A-body cars are more numerous than the Vettes they have the same Pinach for the Boomers. A real nice GTO or whatever is almost as cool as a Vette. I think the Vette guys sorta did this to themselves. prices were and still are kinda nutty. People went out a discovered that an old GTO or Chevelle or Buick can be as much fun at a cheaper entry ticket price. Now the A-body cars have sorta blown by the Vettes.

In all cases I think the driving force behind all this is the BJ auction. Every swinging Dick in the world sees a car like his at BJ and figures his MUST be worth at least that much. Not so Clyde. Some of the BJ cars a ultra rare and actually genuine. After BJ airs every car out there is ULTRA RARE and genuine in the mnd of the seller ..even if the car is not rare / original etc. Hells bells man 300 HP Roadsters with NO OPTIONS 'cept a 4 speed are selling for HUGE numbers. I know a guy who sold his car to a privste buyer at what I thought was a fair (slightly high) price. The car was nice and it was sorta rare. As to the originality I dunno I sorta just glaze over when guys start playing and dancng the "Numbers Match Macarenna" song. Anyway the car ended up going to one of the BJ auctions and it sold for a WHOLE LOT more. It was not worth one PLUG NICKLE more than it was before BJ. After BJ and the Dueling Egos / My wallet is bigger than yours shoot out the sale price of this car helped set a new standard. I REALLY HATE THIS BJ factor.

What is happening is this. If you are already in the club and own a car you can move alnog a trade up and down. If you are outta the club (don't own a car) you are hosed. You gotta reach REALLY deep for that first car. Not a good thing. This is going on with the A-Body market to so no news there.

Another thing is happening as a result of this BJ phenomina / fever whatever. The PRESSURE to keep or make a car original is much much higher. Some snob types refuse to even look at REALLY REALLY nice cars that have been built to non original standards. Lots of well engineered combos that have been built with the best of everything are ignored..."Nope not for me I (put that I in huge font) want an investment" they say. I have seen it soooo may times and lamented the practice soooooo many times. No need to go there again.

I wish there were a few less BTU's in this classic car bonfire. Then people could buy em and keep them original or buy em and modify them as they wished. All the superheated prices and expectations are not good for the hobby in my opinion. I should add I mean the ENTIRE HOBBY not just the Vette or A-Body or Ford or Mopar ranks.

IMHO I think this hyper inflation is just plain bad news for the entire hobby.

geez, we must be getting old........ i remember when fantasies all revolved around women..... cars were nice, but it was women that fantasies were all about.
now we want car prices to drop.......
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Women????? Screw 'em.

Oops. Did I just type that? ;LOL

Dear Lord, let those C2 prices fly ever higher when we are selling and have them drop like a rock when we are buying. Amen!

As I said before, I'll never sell anything ever again. I have learned my lesson. I hope the bottom falls out of the market so I can buy Hemis for $3500 and 67 427/435s for $3000. Oops, I'm off my meds again.

Best regards,
Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom