Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust manifold numbers for a 71 LT1

2th farmer

Corvette
64 vert.,73 vert.,73.,coupe,71 LT1 cpe
Just got thru cleaning up my "new" 71 LT1 coupe. Now, for the numbers, I have ordered a NCRS judging manual but, I can't wait. Can somebody give me #'s for the exhaust manifolds? Carb. #'s? (it is a 4801 Holley but, that's all I know) Thanks! LT1's are COOL!!!!!

2th farmer

LH exhaust manifold # is 3872765; RH is 3932461.

Carb should have Chev. part # 3989021.

Rich

Rich, WHEW! I am glad my #'s are all there. I trusted the previous owner and didn't check everything because I WANTED this car and didn't care if a few things were off. What about the carb dates? Julian?

2th farmer,

The carb should have 3 set of numbers. the top line should be 3989021, second line is 4801 (-1), and the third line is the date line. The first digit is the year, second is the month and the third is the week of the month production. Mine is coded 122. 1971, February, second week. The month starts from January being 1, thru September being 9, October is 0, and November is A, and lastly December is B.

I hope this helps.

Robert
2th farmer said:
Rich, WHEW! I am glad my #'s are all there. I trusted the previous owner and didn't check everything because I WANTED this car and didn't care if a few things were off. What about the carb dates? Julian?

Knish71, My first two lines are as you stated BUT, my third line appears to be 2009. Does this mean I have an incorrect carb. for a 71?? Brent

Brent

This means that you have a "Service Replacement" carb. It is not the original carb that came on your car, but one just like it, correct for the application. I bought one for my LT-1 a few years ago when I was having problems with the original. It has the right Chevrolet part # on it, but the date will be after the car was built. The four digit code is the give-away, meaning it was produced after 1972. Yours would translate to July of 1979, or 1989, or 1999.
Your metering block #s are the same as on my extra carb.

Rich

Thanks for the information! I was hoping this was the "correct" carb but, I guess you can't have it all. Hopefully won't be a big deduct. Brent

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom