Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Options

Changing muffs on a C6 is pretty easy if you have average DIY skills and an intermediate tool set.

Go for the X-pipe. Better sound. Actually, while I still have a stock titanium exhaust on my C5 I did install a Corsa X-pipe. Instant better sound, no increase in loudness. Little improvement in performance.

Last edited:
Corsa's are good, but too pricey for my blood. I've had 5 sets of GHLs on C5s and C6s, and don't think the sound, quality and price can be beat.

X-pipes arrived today. Mufflers tomorrow. If they get here early enough I'm going to take them to my muffler shop and have them installed. This is graduation weekend for my son and I won't have any time to do it myself. And I can't wait until the next weekend.

Congrats on the Graduation.....High School or College...? We just graduated our last one from High School last Sunday.....Hope you like the Corsas....

Roger that.....no big suprise here.....but my son is headed to The University of Nebraska..........That would be the Cornhuskers that almost beat your Dawgs awhile back.......bad refs that's what I say.......:D

Muffler and X-Pipe Were Put on Today

I finally found some time to have everything put on today. The sound is fantastic. A rumble at idle, a roar under acceleration and not even noticeable cruising at freeway speeds. I went round and round, the price wasn't cheap, but feel like this was a good decision.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370035140.676726.jpg

Hi;

I have a supercharged/cammed '05 Z51 .... which had the stock LS2 2.5" exhaust. I bought a complete, used Z06 NPP system ....manifolds....all the way back to the tips, including gaskets, O2 sensors. The whole kit was $550. If you shop around on the forums, Corvette Forum has a really good used parts section ..... you get these entire kits pretty easily.

I was shopping around for a 3" exhaust upgrade .... I looked at a number of aftermarket kits. IMHO, nothing comes anywhere near the value and performance of the Z06 solution. Its a straight bolt in ... you can do this in a couple of hours in your own garage.

Add an NPP mild-to-wild retrofit kit for $200 (assuming your car doesnt have a dual-mode NPP muffler controller already) .... and you have an awesome setup. Horsepower gains associated with the 3" system and near-header-performance of the Z06 manifolds and CATs .... and M-to-W volume control controllable by your HomeLink buttons on the visor.

Cheers
Erik

I have the Corsa Sports on my GS and they make me smile a lot. They sound beautiful under acceleration and burble and pop a bit when winding down. I have the Cat back with the X pipe and the Sport mufflers. You will pay a bit more but won't regret it I'm thinking. At cruise 60 to 80 or 90 they are not intrusive and in fact I can hardly hear them purring away. Just my 2 cents worth.....

I have the same set up and agree with Huskerman^^ I love the Corsa's!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom