Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust question....

jplay said:
i cut the resonator and mufflers off this summer, and welded the black tips from the mufflers on to the new pipe, it seems stronger, but i have no numbers to back that, the sound is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loud like a mid year but in 6th its quiet but 4 to 5 hours in the car with leave your ears ringing

Hey I see your in chicago Jplay... I would like to hear your car if possible.. I am putting some gutted cats on.. I've thought about just buying the muffler eliminators and keeping the stock cats... but not shure.. just looking for a cheaper way to make a better sounding vette..

hot cam? ported intake man?

No Go,
Did you say only 7Hp from the Hot cam, 17 from the exhaust (all rwhp)? I thought you got
more from the hot cam.

Does anybody know where I would get a ported intake manifold or how much I would gain
from that, if I bought ported LT1 heads but no cam?

i have a 3" B & B cat back. i also bought some used cats on ebay and gutted them (don't cut the into pipe just open a 4" square hole in the cat, it will eliminate alignment problems). O2 simulators are needed or performance will be worse than stock. i have not really noticed a marked improvment in HP but every bit helps and that exhaust with an open air cleaner will take you to 5700 Rpm in 5th.

brooks said:
i have a 3" B & B cat back. i also bought some used cats on ebay and gutted them (don't cut the into pipe just open a 4" square hole in the cat, it will eliminate alignment problems). O2 simulators are needed or performance will be worse than stock. i have not really noticed a marked improvment in HP but every bit helps and that exhaust with an open air cleaner will take you to 5700 Rpm in 5th.

Your talking about the O2 Sims for post cats right?
How can it run worse if you have the stock 02's in front and rear.. I know it will set an Cat efficiency code but how will this effect preformance?
-Rick

my understanding is because the LT4 has a closed loop system the cpu expects changes in thefile exhaust gasesa that are provided by the cats...if the gas is the same it creats inaccurate information for the A/F ratios. if this is not accruate someone speak up

The front O2 sensors affect the A/F ratio. The rear sensors just tell the computer that the cats are working...or not.
No effect on performance just a check engine light.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom