Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exterior fasteners

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
Can someone describe for me or (even better) post a pic of what the fasteners for the side louver panels look like? Mine have come undone and have fallen out.
If it's not one thing it's another.....
Thanky! :w

Can someone describe for me or (even better) post a pic of what the fasteners for the side louver panels look like? Mine have come undone and have fallen out.
If it's not one thing it's another.....
Thanky! :w
Gimme a couple hours and I'll fix you up.

Don't thank me yet...I got called in over the weekend. Will take pics after work and post.

Airbus? What happened?
Along with Airbus, can anybody else help me out with a description, size, pic--something of what these fasteners look like. I just didn't pay attention to it and now they're missing and I need to replace. Are the fasteners some type of bolt or what?
Thanks. :w

I'd be happy to look for you tonight. You are talking bout' the panels....like the one you have to remove to get to the battery right? If this is the case can't you compare the opposite side? Let me know.

I'd be happy to look for you tonight. You are talking bout' the panels....like the one you have to remove to get to the battery right? If this is the case can't you compare the opposite side? Let me know.

Exactly. And no, for some reason they're gone on both sides. Thanks.

Okay....3 stainless steel sheet metal screws on the fender well, round head allen. 5/32" or 4mm allen fits, both sloppy. #12 or #14 or maybe some metric stuff ???

6mm dia. x 20mm long hex head cap screw (10mm hex head). One on the top and one on the bottom. Directly above the top one there is the cowl hood latching mechanism. These are 10mm head bolts and they fit (case you want a sample). The only difference is they are pointed, the louver bolts are not.

Now, hope I attached this picture correctly. Notice the washers??? Hope it helps. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom