Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale F/S 64 Grand Sport Replica

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
SOLD SOLD SOLD

To start out with NO TEXTING I am now selling this car at a over $10,000.00 loss . My loss is your gain. The first ($42K) buys it. NO TEXTING, they will not be answered. 1964 Corvette Roadster that has been completely rebuilt from bare frame up. This vehicle was custom built to simulate the famous Corvette Grand Sport race cars from 1963-64. This is not a kit car. This is an actual 64 rebuilt to resemble the Grand Sport. The car was taken down to bare frame, the frame shot peened and painted. All the suspension parts were either powdercoated or epoxy painted. All new bushings and suspension wear parts replaced with new. The engine was built by a professional engine shop and is a 400 small block slightly bored to 406. It has a moderate cam so is very street driveable. The carburetion is 4 down draft Delorto carburetors. Ignition is MSD with the ignition box mounted under the dash for a cleaner engine compartment. The header and exhaust are ceramic coated. All the accessories, power steering pump, alternator, etc along with engine trim are all polished aluminum. No chrome. Transmission is the stock 1964 Corvette 4 speed. Rear end is stock Corvette with a slight modification to accomodate the geometry of the wider than stock tires. The under side of the body was stripped and painted with PPG gloss. The body panels that were used for the front and rear wheel flares, the front headlight panel and the rear tail light panel were molded by the same fiberglass shop that made the bodies for the D and D Grand Sport kit cars. The exterior accurately depicts the Grand Sport. By utilizing the original Corvette body allowed for the full windshield and roll up door windows. The interior was modified with a Grand Sport style dash board which houses Auto meter gauges and an AM/FM, CD player with 4 speakers. Excellent sound. The seats are high back with great side support and racing style seat belts. The carpet was custom made for this car. The attachments for the convertible top are still on the car and the rear deck is just as it was originally so a top could be installed and properly lowered into the rear compartment. The paint is PPG done in Lamborghini white with a wide blue stripe down the center of the car with red pin stripes on each side of the blue stripe. The paint pattern follows through the dash and onto the rear deck. The blue and red have a hint of multi color flake in them. There are no known problems with this car as it is virtually new with less than 300 miles since built. The windshield wiper motor functions and is installed but not wired up to the switch. There are several extra toggle switches mounted on the dash with wiring harnesses running to the front and rear underside of the car should someone desire to install ground effect type lighting. If you would like to see pic please e-mail me and I will send you pic. mikes54vet@aol.com or call me at 317-945-5121 This is one car that everyone will stop and look at and wish they had bought it first.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom