Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

F/s Md 04 Z06 Ce Z16

Mad-Mic

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Redskin Red Coupe
i am helping a friend of mine sell his Z06 CE Z16. if anyone is interested here is the EBay link. any questions i will put you direct contact with the seller.

Vehicle Description

This is a mint condition 2004 Commemorative Z06 Z16 Corvette. This car is #1319 of 2025 made! I leased this car in August of 2004. What I am looking for is a buyer that will assume my lease. Lease conditions: 48 month lease 15,000 miles per year Full extended warranty for the entire 48 months/60,000 miles $675 monthly payments If the buyer assumes my lease I will pay all of the lease assuming fees from GMAC. The buyer must get a credit approval through GMAC, once that is done and all the paperwork is completed with the car in the buyers name, they just start making the monthly payments to GMAC, that's it! No money out of pocket from the buyer. The buyer would be responsible for getting insurance and any tax and registration fees due. Details about the car: Always garage kept Never a daily driver Never raced Never in rain or snow Accessories: B&M ripper shifter Z06 exhaust plate Shorty 8" antenna Carpeted trunk sound partition Extra hood seal Lowered 1" all around on stock bolts (not lowered in pics) Custom corvette letters, red faded to silver stickers (not in pics) This is an extremely fun car to drive! I am selling it because I feel as if I don't get to drive it enough to enjoy it the way it should be. Whoever buys this car will love it! Please contact me directly here if you wish to pursue the lease assuming option.

2a_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4537956921&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Why would anyone want to lease a car?...I have never figured that out

Try Leasing a car and go over the "limited mileage" and see how much "Loot" you can save in the long run. Not to mention the "use assement" of the vehicle when the lease is up and you turn the car back in. Hey there are no "free lunches" !!!!

The trick to leasing is knowing that you will not be keeping the car for the entire lease period. ;) I leased my first Corvette on a 40 month lease and my Boxster, on a 60 month lease, both with 15,000k miles per year mileage limits. I go through a car about once per year, so I wasn't concerned. The Corvette I put about 30k miles on in the year and a half I owned it, and the Boxster I put 40k miles on it in the 1 year I owned it. I traded the Corvette in on the Boxter and traded the Boxster in on my '04. By the time the deal on the Boxster was done, I paid for only gas and insurance to drive the car for a year and a half and actually made about $600 pocket change and drove the Boxster off the lot with $6,000 of equity. 40k miles and one year later, I traded the Boxster in only slightly upside down on the Vette but got $11,000 off MSRP on the Vette, so once again I made out like a bandit. Neither deal cost me a penny in lease fees above normal interest, and both cars were leased $0 down. Car buying is a game. If you learn the rules and it's not that difficult to figure out how to win! ;) ...oh, and I bought my '04 with traditional financing as I figured I may keep it longer than the other ones. :D

Hotwing said:
Try Leasing a car and go over the "limited mileage" and see how much "Loot" you can save in the long run. Not to mention the "use assement" of the vehicle when the lease is up and you turn the car back in. Hey there are no "free lunches" !!!!

I agree...leasing sux:beer

Lov-n-life .....Seems like a lot of trouble to go thru for a bunch of cars that you don't own >>>>IMHO

Hotwing said:
Lov-n-life .....Seems like a lot of trouble to go thru for a bunch of cars that you don't own >>>>IMHO

It depends on your outlook I guess...To me, there are too many cars I want and not enough time or money to have them all. Leasing is a great way (if you play the game right) to enjoy the automotive hobby on a budget. :D However I do agree that if you intend to keep a car longer than a lease term and you actually drive it rather than pull it out of the garage, wash it, and put it back in the garage once a week, then leasing is not the way to go. Of course I find mild entertainment in beating the "system" at it's own game. Hey, if you don't entertain yourself, nobody else will!!! ;LOL

Yes I suspose youre right, you can play the game what suits you best. However, I'm keeping mine, and let me tell you, mine ain't no garage queen. I can't stay out of it !!!!.....A guy up the street from me has had his Vette wrapped up since last October and it's still wrapped up. It's a 2002 with 3,000 miles on it Whats he saving it for Somebody else?????.....I don't understand that mentality, Why have it if youre not going to drive and enjoy it.....If you load it up with milage and things start to go wrong....go out and get another one. Life is tooooo short, and I'm older than dirt!

Hotwing said:
Yes I suspose youre right, you can play the game what suits you best. However, I'm keeping mine, and let me tell you, mine ain't no garage queen. I can't stay out of it !!!!.....A guy up the street from me has had his Vette wrapped up since last October and it's still wrapped up. It's a 2002 with 3,000 miles on it Whats he saving it for Somebody else?????.....I don't understand that mentality, Why have it if youre not going to drive and enjoy it.....If you load it up with milage and things start to go wrong....go out and get another one. Life is tooooo short, and I'm older than dirt!

I completely agree! I put about 35k-40k miles on my car per year. I'm willing to be 90% of that is pure pleasure driving! As I mentioned before, I did not lease this Corvette, I did traditional financing because I intend to keep it longer than I have my past toys. So I didn't want to worry about a mileage limit. A car is going to require maintenance whether you drive it or not. So the way I see it, the guy that buys a new Corvette and drives only 3,000 vs me is in 5 years his car may be worth a couple thousand more than mine, but it will still need most of the same maintenance (tires, rubber, etc) as mine, but I will have have had 1000's of hours and miles of enjoyable driving in my car and the other guy will have missed out on the experience of actually owning a Corvette.:crazy

AMEN BRO..... And I say with all due respect....You know just maybe there was some poor soul sitting on the 64th floor of the World Trade Center on that fateful day who owned a 199? Corvette with 3,000 miles on it. And as he looked out the window and saw a plane comming in, I'll bet he wished he had driven it more. The point is my friend....enjoy yourself, cause you never know when your ticket will get punched. Life is a one shot deal!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom