Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Factory Option

67ragtop

The other day I was sitting where my engine normally resides and noticed something strange. It seems someone left their wrench in the frame! I don't believe the car was ever wrecked so I'm thinking - could this be from the factory? Nothing about this in the Noland Adams book.:L

View attachment 9192

Well, I doubt the factory would have used a wrench like that one.... but, hmmmm, the patina on the wrench matches the patina on the frame! It's amazing the thing stayed stuck on there. Sure you're not missing a wrench from your set???

JohnZ can answer this as to weather it may be a wrench from the factory or not.

I can explain why its stuck there.when some one was tightening the bolt it swung up and wedged into the frame.

The nut its holding does not look like a factory nut though

Nope, I can guarantee that's not a factory wrench; must have belonged to the Bubba who worked on it later (and used the wrong nut). :)

Factory or not?

We could start a thread on stuff found in our cars. Two months ago I found three small plastic farm animals in the trailing arm pocket on my 66 coupe. They were covered in about an inch of dirt. The car sat for 20 years before I got it. I also found a scraper and a large screw driver in the cowl area behind the fresh air grill. Go figure! Jerry

I was a tech at a Chevrolet dealership ive seen a coke bottle in a frame well and all sorts of weird things!

i 'helped' repair cars in my father's auto body shop for many years.... we did lots of work on brand new "dealer " cars and low mile customer cars...tools of all kinds,hats, soda bottles, cigarette packs--so much stuff obviously 'factory' that it was just a 'chuckle'

that wrench could be an "option"

I've been looking all over for that wrench! When you get it out, please send it to me as my set is incomplete now!

Bubba

I was taking off the rectangular access door on the frame on my '67, the one for the body mount, just ahead of the kickup. I'm very sure it had never been removed.

Inside the cavity where the body mount bolt was....there was a crumpled up empty pack of Lucky Strike cigarettes. I flattened it out and took a close look and it and the warning label said...."Smoking may be hazardous to your health". Isn't that the very first warning label to appear on cigarette packs? :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom