Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Factory Visit NCM Xperience

ottomatic

Corvette
2007 Red Conv., 2013 Z06 60th
"Way down in Bowling Green, the prettiest girls I've ever seen
A man in Kentucky sure is lucky to love down in Bowling Green."

Last week on July 27th, Mrs. Otto & I went to the Corvette Assembly Plant for the National Corvette Museum Xperience. The Corvette factory tour was great. We were at the plant about 2½ hours. We saw the last 2009 (a silver Z06) and the first 2010 (a silver GS wide body, serial # 00001).

Next, we were taken back to the museum to "pick up" my 2007 convertible, RA$CAL, as if it was a factory delivery. Then, we had a guided tour of the National Corvette Museum. Thank you, Ron Barton, for a great tour.

It was a fantastic experience watching Corvettes being built. The line was running at 12 cars per hour, but because of delays between 80-100 cars are produced each day.

I was allowed to start one of the new Corvettes, when it was completed. I tried to time it for the 2010, but I was about three cars too soon.

Seeing Corvettes being assembled has given me a new appreciation for my car. When I washed it, after returning home, I felt a weird connection with each quarter panel or fascia being washed.

I highly recommend the NCP Xperience and Factory Delivery program. It will enhance your ownership and perspective of Corvettes. Otto

I went with my cousin on his R8C on his 07 and a museum delivery is a fun experience. The VIP tour you get of the factory is interesting too. The day we were there the line was shut down for some sort of problem but the workers were all there and had plenty of time to talk to us and show us around.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom