Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Factory Wiring for CD changer

03 RoadKing

Does anyone know if all cars are factory wired for the CD changer? I'm thinking about installing one and if they are pre wired it sure would make the installation easier. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately the answer is no. If the car was not originally ordered with the changer, it does not include the wiring. That being said, there is a factory harness you can buy that plugs into the existing wiring. You just have to run the wire bundle from the dash back to where you are mounting the changer (factory location is in center well).

Your car is prewired for a changer. The plugs are in the passeger footwell. The poster is correct in saying you will have to buy an install kit to get the body harness to the changer. Corvette Central has them in stock.

Does this apply to an 04 Z06?

I only have the in-dash CD player and would like to add a changer or even an iPod!

I've looked in the passenger footwell and haven't been able to tell if these plugs are there or not; can someone post pics of what these plugs look like?

Thanks!!

Larry

Bob I have the factory wire harness for my 2000 and a working changer that I tested recently
could you be more specific on where I plug the harness into the vehicle wiring please

I would pay for pictures myself

FYI. the factory installation jpg files are not on line any longer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom