Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Failed Smog test

SWEEEEEEEEEET!
Andy

As of today,
I'm waiting to get a couple things done before proceeding to a scan (still have'nt found a good one) and retesting for the smog cert.
2 developements...

1st, the info on the test that I got was inaccurate. For my yr model, its more or less up to the tech thats doing the test, not written in stone. The first jerk that I went to and his partner were both 19 and probably on the "global warming" band wagon. So they were harsh.
My yr model is the last yr of ANY type dyno & gas emission testing. I can get this finished without too much more drama.
2nd, the dang o2 sensor has welded itself inplace and so far cannot be removed. This week it goes to a muffler shop for some cut & weld work...it'll come out one way or the other.

and lastly, all the emissions equipment seems to be working, and all connections are tight. Also replaced all heater hoses last weekend, and eliminated about half the amount of rubber used by making existing connections longer with brass fittings. Now, I can keep 12" of 1/2" and 12" of 3/8 hose in the storage tray and be able to replace ANY heater hose. That was the goal.
Just waiting on a chance to get in a muffler shop, and get a couple parts from UPS...then its back to work on the paint/interior plan.

As of today,
I'm waiting to get a couple things done before proceeding to a scan (still have'nt found a good one) and retesting for the smog cert.
2 developements...

1st, the info on the test that I got was inaccurate. For my yr model, its more or less up to the tech thats doing the test, not written in stone.
The first jerk that I went to and his partner were both 19 and probably on the "global warming" band wagon. So they were harsh.
My yr model is the last yr of ANY type dyno & gas emission testing. I can get this finished without too much more drama.
2nd, the dang o2 sensor has welded itself inplace and so far cannot be removed. This week it goes to a muffler shop for some cut & weld work...it'll come out one way or the other.

and lastly, all the emissions equipment seems to be working, and all connections are tight. Also replaced all heater hoses last weekend, and eliminated about half the amount of rubber used by making existing connections longer with brass fittings. Now, I can keep 12" of 1/2" and 12" of 3/8 hose in the storage tray and be able to replace ANY heater hose. That was the goal.
Just waiting on a chance to get in a muffler shop, and get a couple parts from UPS...then its back to work on the paint/interior plan.

Global warming? I think that's been out of vogue for a year.

Then 'Climate Gate' sunk all the life rafts that were left... I KNOW it's not news anymore - right?

Biggest scientific scandal ever...

.........:chuckle,

not news to me anyway....When I was in high school all they could talk about was the next ice age. Caused by pollution. The smog was supposed to block out the sun and make us slowly freeze to death over the next 15 millionn years.

It's not trendy to be concerned with global climate change. I wish Daisy Dukes would make a come back....That was a GREAT trend.
Global warming and other junk science, I can live without.

The only thing that I've paid any attention to is the theory that if Al Gore see's his shadow, then there will be 6 more weeks of summer?:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom