Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fall Trip with my Dad to Bowling Green!!!

NOAGGE

Corvette
1996 COLLECTORS EDITION LT1
Hi yall....I just got back from a trip with my father to see bowling green, The NCM and the Factory tour..It was a really awesome time...The people were great and it was a very impressive place..We felt fortunate too that we delayed our excursion so we were able to see the C7..Other than a slight glimpse of a C7 on the street in Oklahoma City the day we left, the museum was the first place I got to see one...A side note to those who have qualms about the new car, you shouldnt it is a joy to behold and outside the shock of the reveal I absolutely love it....Back to the trip..The museum, oh what a great place ...The facility was spectacular and the people were great.. We wre very impressed with the cleanliness and the outright awesomeness of the place....Even though my father had read about the place, I think he had this idea in the back of his mind that it was going to be a simple roadside ode to the Corvette...Not something the really had the financial backing like it is....On to the plant tour..What a great time we had in a place that you think would have succombed to a bunch of bean counters..The folks there were great, the workers friendly and very organized...When the time time comes that we put in our order for a C7 there is no way we would pass on the museum delivery, it is a must...The order may be a while because when I asked about the reception the C7 is getting I learned that they have 36000 orders sold so it must be going over well..Right now they said they are at 137 units a day....Holy cow...On to our lodging, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites about 8 mile from the factory..I highly recommend this place, very nice..I would also recommend a fall trip..Late October , early November, the drive was wonderful with the Fall colors in the trees...We will do this again...Have a great day!!!!! Ron

Glad to hear you had a great visit at the National Corvette Museum. As a board member, it is nice to hear that the staff is always welcoming and that you were impressed with the facility. The museum strives to keep the facility and displays fresh. They promote a family friendly atmosphere, because the membership is the backbone of the museum. When you and your father are ready to order that new Corvette, be sure to do the R8C Museum Delivery, it is an experience that you will never forget and tell your friends forever.

Joseph Thomas
NCM Board Member

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom