Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fast skip shift question

k4site

Corvette
2002 ZO6
Just purchased a vette and I would like to know where to put the resistor to eliminate the skip shift. When looking underneath the car, there are two wires coming out of the passengers side a one coming out the drivers side of the transmission. I would guess that the one in the middle of the transmission on the drivers side is the VSS, so where is the skip shift solenoid attached to? The drivers side or the passengers side toward the top of the transmission?????

It is on the driver side of the transmission.

It looks like this:

factorySkipShiftSolenoidPost4.jpg

There are more pics in this thread, but I don't think there were any that were a little further back.

Yours should look the same since yours is also an 02 Z06, right?

Tammy

another one, a little blurrier. I reached it from the drivers side. Looking at the pics I can't remember if it was actually on the left side or further over.

it is the beige socket with the white plug with the blue end cap.

you guy have been great I will try it, just below the skip shift is that the VSS????

MsSchroder said:
another one, a little blurrier. I reached it from the drivers side. Looking at the pics I can't remember if it was actually on the left side or further over.

it is the beige socket with the white plug with the blue end cap.
Left side and had to reach up a bit.

Richard.

k4site said:
vehicle speed sensor
It will be the only thing on the left side of the tranny that the plug you have will match up to. The pics make it appear as though you can see it easily but it's actually fairly high up and you'll have to reach for it through a space in front of the axle.

Richard.

Yes there is. You can get the part at any of the on line stores. www.ecklers.com would be one choice. I used one on my 94 and it was very easy to install. I would assume the C5 would be just as easy. Basically you pull the wire off and plug both ends. Removing the wire will disable the 1-4 bypass.

The device that is installed is just to avoid trouble codes. It apparently tells the computer that the skip shift feature is working.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom