Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fast Time Engines

F

fasterthanu

Hey, have any of you out there installed an engine from Fast Times Engine Builders, in Illinois? Supposedly their engines are in most of the cars in the magazines. I want to know what the people in here that installed these engines have to say. Are they worth the money? I am looking at buying one of their 383s. 450hp, 500ft/lb torque. Getting it through the owner of a shop I know, so am getting it for $4900. Normally 7k. Anyone have one of these from them that I can get some feed back from? Maybe like what you think of it, car its in, 1/4 mile times... I am installing a 700R4 Trans also.

Thank You

If you can't find anyone here with experience in dealing with this company, I recommend contacting the Better Buisness Bureau. If they've had serious problems or complaints, you should find information there. It would give you some idea of their buisnees practices if they're questionable.

--Bullitt

I highly recommend the BBB as above, if you're unsure of the company that you're buying the engine from. FYI, I put a Summitt Racing engine in a 1970 Nova SS and had great luck with it. It was a 383 Stroker as well. I'm not sure of all of the specifics, because the engine had 7500 miles on it when I bought it, but it was a great running relatively reliable engine.

-Greg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom