Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fast Turning Signals

Corvette
1982 Collector Edition
Ok, today must be confuse driver day.. :W

Yesterday, driving home, all is well, turn signal wise. All are a-blinking as they should. This morning, i make a left out of my street and it's blinking fast. Ok, methinks, bulb blew, no biggy..

So i finish driving to work and notice that both are doing the fast blinky.
gruebel.gif

ok, maybe not the bulb.. :confused

So, i check once i park the car, and all corners are a-blinking as they should, just double speed.
gruebel.gif
gruebel.gif

Is the relais on it's way out and i am getting a head start? It was replaced a few years ago and has been blinking away just fine..

Any thoughts/advice are appreciated..

Tia!
:w
-Stefan

PS: Maybe i should give it decaf in the morning ? :L

Ok, today must be confuse driver day.. :W

Yesterday, driving home, all is well, turn signal wise. All are a-blinking as they should. This morning, i make a left out of my street and it's blinking fast. Ok, methinks, bulb blew, no biggy..

So i finish driving to work and notice that both are doing the fast blinky.
gruebel.gif

ok, maybe not the bulb.. :confused

So, i check once i park the car, and all corners are a-blinking as they should, just double speed.
gruebel.gif
gruebel.gif

Is the relais on it's way out and i am getting a head start? It was replaced a few years ago and has been blinking away just fine..

Any thoughts/advice are appreciated..

Tia!
-Stefan

PS: Maybe i should give it decaf in the morning ? :L
Could be the flasher going bad or it could be a Ground not getting a good connection!!
Was the head lamps or park lamps on at the same time you were using the signals???;shrug:confused;shrug

:upthumbs

mine did the same, replacing the flasher unit behind the passenger dash pad solved the problem.:beer

Junkie: I tried it with both the lights on and off.. No change, with the lights off or on.

Howard: Thanks, i'll take a look and see where i'll get one here.

Ok, as suggested from the local Vette crowd, i swapped the turning signal relais with the hazard one and (drum roll please): Working like a charm. I found a replacement, but it's a square, not round. mmpff..

So, for now, i will leave as is, the turning signal is fine now and the emergency flashers are slightly bit faster, but wont annoy as i hopefully wont have to use them. :)

Btw, they are in the drivers side fuse bank on my 82.
Howard: Maybe they moved them between our years ?

-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom