Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FE-3, F45...Worth it or problems?

XS650

Corvette
96 LT-4 6-spd Convertible
I'm looking for a 94 -96 C4. How well do the FE-3 or F45 options work in the real world? Are they good things to have or just extra things to go wrong?

Dial-a-matic

If you'r asking about the dial-a-matic ride control I haven't had any problems with mine, however I, and many others, have been unable to tell any difference between the settings. I think it might be just a "do nothing box" actually.

Maybe if a person was a serious enough autocrosser they might be able to tell the difference. I dunno.

good luck

I don't know what FE3 is. Do you mean FX3?

In articles I've read about the F45, Real Time Damping, system; it is a ride enhancement system - not a performance suspension. Hib did some articles on this system when it came out. They may be in the technical section of the CAC. In the C4, it was only available on the 96.

If you're looking for maximum performance from your suspension, go with the 96 Z51 option or the 94-95 Z07 option.

The Z07 included the Ride Control System (FX3) shocks that adjust according to speed and switch setting. They can be made to work really well if you're so inclined. I have FX3 on my 92 but it is not a Z07 so it does not have the stiffer springs and roll bars. It's expensive to replace shocks and the damn actuators. I just spent a ton on 4 shocks and 2 actuators but then my car has 100+k and 12 years on the original ones. In ten more years, I'll probably just replace the system with Z51 shocks and remove the switch. :)

I don't know of any performance upgrades or programming changes available for the F45 system.

Hope this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom